MissGuardian's Rats!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissGuardian said:
Rachael said:
Laugh, I am sure there was a good reason for it.... :p
It tastes good? :laugh4: :emb:
She have a habit of wrecking everything expensive and dangerous.. Specially electrical wires :gaah:

I've lost so many electrical items because of ratties >_< A CD player, fan heaters, lamps... more... :panic: :wallbang:

Rachael said:
MissGuardian said:
Rachael said:
Laugh, I am sure there was a good reason for it.... :p
It tastes good? :laugh4: :emb:
She have a habit of wrecking everything expensive and dangerous.. Specially electrical wires :gaah:

I've lost so many electrical items because of ratties >_< A CD player, fan heaters, lamps... more... :panic: :wallbang:
I think she´s killed/partially killed everything for my wii, xbox, tv and tuner.. Now it´s on a shelf 80cm over the floor, and she still haven´t stopped trying to get up there to chew :wallbang: I´ve tried securing every single wire, but she just starts on the part that goes into the wall then.. So now it looks completely ridiculous, with plastic cups over them..

There is now two obvious runts of the litter(one girl, one boy), so it´s likely they won´t make it:( The rest are still doing great.

[youtube:363uoe59]1mcLgJ7VALI[/youtube:363uoe59]
I can´t believe this is the same boy that was completely terrified of anything human..
Guess the abcesses did some good :giggle:
Does it looks like he´s used to getting his belly checked? :giggle:

More pictures and stuff will come..

f422195f.jpg

bb9b29ad.jpg

Stefan inside a baby porridge box.. Still don´t get how he fits..

f4b2605d.jpg

4330c990.jpg

96a81de0.jpg

4997220f.jpg

Loving the new hammock

i can see now why every electrical cord is killed quickly...
[youtube:1zs20pnc]XNOsNCAdKyw[/youtube:1zs20pnc]

I don´t know what wrong the bedding did..
[youtube:1zs20pnc]lm2VVW0zzqE[/youtube:1zs20pnc]

I am getting a baby boy in May.
17 of the 18 in the litter are still doing well. One tiny girl passed away a couple of days ago.
They were two weeks old yesterday, and they are ADORABLE! :thud:
Hopefully transport can be set up fast after they are five weeks..
Pictures can be seen on the bottom of this page http://www.tamrotter.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12265 (I know it´s in Norwegian, but you should understand the pictures anyway :giggle:)
So far, it looks like gutt 10 might be mine.. The breeder picks out the one that should suit the individual home best.. And he´s the calmest and most cuddly.. So far anyway..

Picked the rat I´m getting today.. He is three weeks old now.
This is pictures taken by the breeder, not me. Posted with permission

IMG_5300-1.jpg

IMG_5301-1.jpg

He certainly looks like it.. The breeder said about him:
should live in a small pack(due to his size). Sweet witc charm, but is humble.
I think he'll fit in good with the rest of mine..

Now I'm just hoping transport can be set up fast.. If not,I won't get hin until early June.. :panic:

Read over your whole thread. Sorry about your recent loss on Edward, so sad. =( Hope you can get the new guy okay, transported and all.

As a tip, I read somewhere one way you can keep your rats from chewing wires is to mix some cheyenne pepper in with some water in a spray bottle and spray it on your wires (I don't know the ratio, but I assume it's enough not to hurt them, but enough to discourage them from chewing the wires). Just a thought. =3

Cute little ratties though! =D

odduckOasis said:
Read over your whole thread. Sorry about your recent loss on Edward, so sad. =( Hope you can get the new guy okay, transported and all.

As a tip, I read somewhere one way you can keep your rats from chewing wires is to mix some cheyenne pepper in with some water in a spray bottle and spray it on your wires (I don't know the ratio, but I assume it's enough not to hurt them, but enough to discourage them from chewing the wires). Just a thought. =3

Cute little ratties though! =D
Thanks! I might have to try that, but I don't have high hopes.. Specially not since she actually LIKES tabasco sause.. :gaah:

mamarat said:
Tabasco sauce!! lol
Good job on the cube. They look very comfy.
Yep, tabasco sauce.. and she actually LIKES it.. I don´t have high hopes for her :emb:
Thank you!
It´s only my second hammock ever, so..

Back