Lilspaz Ratties Hospice and Rescue - CLOSED INDEFINITELY

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19 months is not too bad. I'm so glad he is bright - I think that holds a lot of weight (pardon the pun). As long as he pulls through, I'm sure you will be able to beef him up again.

Norby relapsed tonight :( I took the first video, then injected him with dex...I ran out of zithro and was going to get some tonight, but my mom called and said Malcolm was almost out of bromocriptine, so I had to get a prescription emailed to me and head to Shoppers after work to get it. MY drugstore with the zithro prescription on file is across the street and it closes at 7 pm and tomorrow is completely written off due to a vet run with Dusa. BUT I poured all the remnants from the old bottles together and got enough to keep him going once he can take oral abs again. IF he can take them :(

Video 1...open mouth gasping.

Video 2 - panic bounces and that horrible sound and that action he makes afterwards like he's choking...I have NEVER seen that particular behaviour before. :sad3:

That video has me in tears. Is Norby going in the O2 concentrator? Hang in there Shelagh and Norby. :sad3: How long does it take for the dex to work?

I am so sorry that he is going through that. I could not bear to watch the video, with the memory of Simon too fresh in my memory.

So glad that the Dex is helping. I haven't been on here much for the last week; hadn't known about the relapses. This is very hard for you. :cuddle:

His breathing has eased, I am going to take him and put him against my skin with a blanket over us to see if I can warm him up. Right now he's cold and clammy feeling.

Waldo is not happy either, gave him an injection too (he never let me before, and would struggle but let me this time). I am heating the snugglesafe and he will sleep with Perses in the Pillow Cave tonight.

Me and the sweet chilly nakie boys are off to bed. At one point I had Norby cuddled into my hand and Waldo cuddled under my chin and both boys were gently licking me :heart:

We had a quiet night, and Waldo is back in his cage with breakfast. Norby is quiet so far, but I will be gone for 12 hours today from him, so I hope he stays quiet.

Back