Lilspaz Ratties Hospice and Rescue - CLOSED INDEFINITELY

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He always gets those. :heart:

we made it through the night...I had a little less sound sleep than he did, as every time he moved I woke up in a panic. :roll: His breathing is a litle hard this morning, but he ate a little, drank a little on his own, snatched his zithromax, I rubbed some Rescue Remedy into his ears for extra calm, and he's lying in my lap while I type. He's warmer than he was, so he's able to hold his body temp up better.

I'll wait to see what today brings.

I HATE this virus...Waldo is in dreadful shape...they lose weight seriously fast, this dry skin he's never had before...dehydration? I gave him fluids and dex in his flank this morning...he's out with me and Norby...he's clammy cold so I am going to keep him tucked up near my body to stabilize his temp. :undecided: Pray that he doesn't stress out Norbert

mar29Waldo2.jpg

mar29Waldo3.jpg

Video of Bones and Breathing :sad3:

Accckkkkk.. this is just dreadful.. poor babies...

Please remember to take care of yourself in this time too, as best you can.

I'm glad to hear that Norbert is still fighting it out. It sounds like he's getting a bit of a leg up now.. at least I hope so.

I know whatever happens, these boys know they are loved and cared for.

I'm sending my best..

I logged on this morning, dreading to hear about Norbert... what a relief that was to read he was still there when you came back from work, and that he is still with you!

Then that post about Waldo... :sad3: Poor, poor baby. I really hope he bounces up as well.

Sending healing vibes to all your sweeties, and extras to Norby and Waldo... I really hope you'll see the end of this virus really soon!

Norbert and I both had a good night last night...no attacks, his breathing is less clunking...he seems more comfortable. I think he went for a walkabout on the bed just because. I think we are finally over the hump but I will still be watching him like a hawk.

Here's a video showing his breathing...

lilspaz68 said:
Norbert and I both had a good night last night...no attacks, his breathing is less clunking...he seems more comfortable. I think he went for a walkabout on the bed just because. I think we are finally over the hump but I will still be watching him like a hawk.

I'm so glad to hear it! Happy you both had a good night. It sounds like Norbert has turned the corner now.. :joy:
Excellent!

Back