Life is ever so changing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, yeah I know. But I always seem to try to find something to blame for my issues. I need to learn to forget about that and just learn how to fix things now... so I guess that is what I'm doing, ha.

oh my dear god. getting off of these meds is heck!!

today is my 1st day sans meds and i feel like poo. i'm getting emotional and dizzy blehhhhh.

Gosh, Melissa, I forgot you had something like this going on. :oops: CBT came highly recommended to me but I've been feeling so frustrated with the therapy as nothing's made me "normal" again over six years. This weaning thing you're going through...yikes...I do know that discomfort! The doctor tried weaning me off in December (six years of this drug) but the emotional rollercoaster on top of physical misery was too much so we're trying something new.

My thoughts are with you, know that you are absolutely not alone in this. I'm no ray of hope though, lol, my parents let me borrow our Golden to force me to leave the apartment (when a dog has to go, she has to go!). : /

Edit: You aren't going off cold turkey are you?

LOL, I love doggies.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm on a low dose, so I'm sure it could be so much worse. But still... I want to throw stuff! LOL!

They are furry angels. :D If anyone here is agoraphobic...borrow a dog, haha.

Oh good, slow is much easier! 1 mg to 0.75 mg was tooo drastic for me, I think it depends on the drug in terms of how easy it'll be on you. I'm sure it doesn't help that your brain is expecting discomfort...if possible, tell yourself you're on a normal dose. It sounds impossible but I've found it helps me to pretend I'm on what I want to be on.

And...throw something. ;D Like a pillow, lol.

It took a lot of practise, lol, but once you master fooling yourself it's amazing what you can do to make yourself feel better. :)

So I never heard back from that Town Shoes interview...

Anyways, I'm not going to work here at the LCBO head office anymore. There is no room for growth and the Union members run everything and think they are king s**t.

I told my rep at the agency I want a new job soon.

He wants to move to Europe
He wants to buy fancy things
He wants to live in a condo with no backyard

I knew better, I really did.

Back