Life is ever so changing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you mention to this dr what the other one said?

Geez... even drs can't get their diagnosis straight.

A strong man to help you cope? Give me a break!
I hope you can get a second opinion.

This is the 3rd opinion!!! He won't refer me to a psychiatrist. I'm so frustrated. I guess I will see what a counselor says. My new family doc was saying that the psychotherapist could have referred me to a psychiatrist if he wanted to and there was no reason for him to get me to come to the family doc.

Thanks!

I also forgot to add that I'm going to wean myself off of my meds by alternating the daily dosage. I know this is going to be hard as that is the kind of medication it is... hard to get off of without headaches, nausea, etc...

Ahhhhhhh... this is crazy. I always have a headache and feel dizzy. I can't imagine how it's going to be when switching between the 1/2 dose and none the next day.

How long have you been on these?

Go very slowly and you shouldn't get all the other symptoms of withdrawal. Dizzy and headaches as crappy as they are, can be endured.

A friend of mine was on antidepressants for a couple of years, and tried to slowly wean herself off... she gave up the first time, but will try again soon I think.

So don't be surprised if it takes a few tries. And don't give up if you feel you can't do it at first. I would recommend doing the half dose for some time before taking the next step.. which I believe is taking the half dose every other day.

I will tell you what I am doing, this might help. Back a two years ago I talked to my doctor about some stuff that had happened and he said that he would send me to someone that could help me. I went to a psychologist or whatever she was, I don't remember. It cost me $60/visit, and it really helped. But a few months ago I went back to him and said I would like to go to someone again but I couldn't afford to pay that much money again. He mentioned there was an office opening up in our medical center and councellors would be there and it would be covered. So I had to wait until it opened, and now it is so I am pursuing going to see them. In my opinion Boyfriends/husbands etc are good for certain things, but sometimes you really need to talk to someone who can really help and have been through this with other people.

I would recommend that. I think many people could use someone like that to talk to.

I am going to see a counselor through Jewish Family Services. What's great is that they will see anyone, regardless of religious background and won't push religion on to you. They also charge each session based on your income. I only pay 10$ an hour. There is no waiting list! My appointment is this Thursday. :)

You guys are great. Thanks for the ideas and support. :)

Awesome I'm so happy for you. I am glad because I think you need to talk to someone else who is not involved in your life. As great as Wayne is, he can't help with some stuff so I totally understand.

It went realy well. We are going to work on CBT. I got to go through my whole life story again and when i remember some things it scares me I did that. There are some things that I have forgotten and now coming to surface...

Either way, she said we are going to work on the present and link certain behaviors to thoughts and emotions. It is all very interesting and I'm excited to be doing this. she is MUCH better than that stupid psychotherapist, lol.

Melissa said:
It went realy well. We are going to work on CBT. I got to go through my whole life story again and when i remember some things it scares me I did that. There are some things that I have forgotten and now coming to surface...

Either way, she said we are going to work on the present and link certain behaviors to thoughts and emotions. It is all very interesting and I'm excited to be doing this. she is MUCH better than that stupid psychotherapist, lol.

THAT is great news!!!!

Thanks, it really is. I think she is going to be able to help me out.

I'm just scared of what I'm going to have to confront. I know I do things I'm not suppose to and it makes me uncomfortable hearing and talking about it because I know how wrong it is... oh the road to change, lol.

Back