Hotch- rescued from the snake *Final Update July 30/13 p5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, another year has passed, and I thought you might like to see my Baby Boy now. He is, in a word, round. LOL! But just as sweet as ever...

IMG_0283_zps84c8df0c.jpg

He is lovely! :heart: Guess he never quite believed again that food would keep coming!

So relieved to see him well. When I saw your post header I was afraid of bad news. Just call me worrywart.

And for Hotch's final update:
He has been struggling with what I assume was a pituitary tumor the last few months. He has been on Cabergoline, which seemed to stabilize him, but did not improve his abilities much.

Having a bath:

And then we finally got to the point...
"No Mommy, I don't want food anymore...." :(

So my Baby Boy was helped along to the bridge last week. I don't know why it was so hard to say goodbye, perhaps because it was a slow, quiet fade instead of acute distress like my last two...

Love you Baby :heart:

Oh.... :sad3:

I'm so sorry... :hugs:

I loved that boy from afar. I'm so sad he had to struggle with a PT, so sad he had to leave you...

Rest well, free sweet Hotch...

I know the feeling of the slow goodbye- first Chance after his stroke, then Duckie just a couple of months ago. I too used the "I don't want food" attitude as the way to know when it was time. My heart's still so sore over her, and I know it will take you some time to feel better. He was such a perfectly beautiful boy... I'm sure he's chatting up all the ladies at the Bridge right now, learning all the very best spots to play and sleep, and stuffing his face with the mountains of treats.

Back