Hotch- rescued from the snake *Final Update July 30/13 p5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

So this little boy's story starts here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25221

Apparently the snake wasn't interested in eating him, so the owners wanted to get rid of him.
People tried to get in contact, but nothing worked out. Then, yesterday while at the Maritime Rat Shack Fest in Sackville NB, a phone call! We could get him that night. So Godmother and SQ were the heavys and went in to get him. I thought I was getting a full grown female, and here he was, a little siamese dumbo boy. I weighed him last night and he was 176 grams. He feels kind of skinny to me, and he was definitely hungry and thirsty when he was picked up. He was actually licking the blanket where the water bottle had dripped on it, and discovered the spout quite by accident. Now he's got it figured out.

I gave him some baby cereal last night. His first, I am sure:
P1010175_1.jpg

I made him some scrambled eggs this morning and he seemed to like that. For his photo op I put him on the window sill:
P1010179_1.jpg

And tried a dangle picture (he wasn't too dangly LOL):
P1010184-A_1.jpg

So here's the weird thing about all this:
When I kept Jazzy's babies, I decided to keep two PEWS, a male and female (Tia and Casey) and two beige berks, Taffy and Finnigan. Much later on I went to adopt two boys from a litter. When I got there, I found that the boys and girls were together at 6 1/2 weeks, so decided to take some girls too so that they wouldn't get pregnant. So I took two black hooded rats, Sabrina and Dudley, and two Himis, Ellie Mae and Calvin. Very recently I adopted two girls, a siamese dumbo, Penelope and her sister JJ, a black berk. Last week the girls were spayed, and JJ died right after the surgery. Penelope was on her own. I had room for one more, so agreed to take the snake rescue if SQ could get her. And low and behold, it was a little boy siamese dumbo! The universe has decreed that I am taking ratties in matching pairs! How bizzare is that? He was meant to be here.

aw it worked out so perfectly :) and hes so cute!

but how could they not tell it was a boy.. like come on.. rats balls are huge!

AAw hes so cute! So glad you got him. And I second that how could you not notice his 2 furry little balls? They are different colors than his body..very noticeable! LOL. I love the name too.

The more I handle him, the skinnier he feels. Poor little bubba needs some meat on his bones. On the positive side, he seems much brighter now. I'm trying to fatten him up but he doesn't like baby cereal! Go figure. Maybe some more scrambled egg...

Just out of curiosity I weighted Hotch tonight. He has gained 16 grams in 48 hours. He is SO much livelier now! I worry that he's not eating enough, but he does poop lots when he's out, so something must be going in! Tonight's treat is oatmeal. I hope he likes it!

Hotch is one lucky beautiful manrat! :heart: You are such a great rescue mom and of course, all moms worry. :giggle: I think you're feeding him just fine. His digestive system is adjusting to the better food so it's good that the sweetie pie is not overeating. :thumbup:

Joanne said:
So this little boy's story starts here:

P1010175_1.jpg

I made him some scrambled eggs this morning and he seemed to like that. For his photo op I put him on the window sill:
P1010179_1.jpg

And tried a dangle picture (he wasn't too dangly LOL):
P1010184-A_1.jpg

...(trying to figure out way to steal little rat man....) :cheeky: :laugh4:

He's going to be Penelope's buddy - she has been in the big cage since Friday night, and still has not snuggled up with anyone. They are both siamese dumbos, so should make a cute couple. :)

Back