Hotch- rescued from the snake *Final Update July 30/13 p5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm SO glad you have him.
I had been trying forever to pick him up but nothing ever worked out.
I even called, only for them to tell me that he was gone.
Then I learned from Holly that they still had him so I used a friend's email.
Even then.. I couldn't figure out a way to pick him up until the 27th.
I'm so glad he's safe with you. Take care of the little "white female" haha!

Yes, I was quite surprised to meet a little baby boy siamese dumbo! He is a doll though, and soon will be meeting the other ratties for play dates...

And tried a dangle picture (he wasn't too dangly LOL):
P1010184-A_1.jpg

But still so darn cute! :heart:

Oh what a darling!! :heart: Such a skinny boy though, yes. So happy you got him and I cannot wait to see pic of him and his 'girlfriend'!
Such a perfect way to end a Rat Fest for sure! :mrgreen:

So wait, the people who had him actually thought he was a girl rat?

He is a cutey though, I'm sure you will fatten him up soon enough :) :lol:

Hotch had his first play date with Sabrina (one of my 8 month old girls) last night. He was SO happy he layed down on my lap and closed his eyes. He popcorns around so fast it was hard for me to decide if he was scared or playing!
I put Hotch near the big cage first, and my alpha boy got his nose totally out of joint and started beating his buddies up! I thought it might be prudent to intro my baby to the girls first......

Well, it has been one week since baby Hotch came to live here. He is a sweet little boy and LOVES other ratties. I think I will have to start official intros soon. He seems big enough, but I wonder about waiting for things to settle down since Penelope has only been in the big cage for a week and there is still the occasional squeak and chase scene. I weighed Hotch today and he has gained 60 grams. He went from 176 g to 236 g! And here I was worried he wasn't eating enough.....
Anyway, without further ado......

P1010207-HotchA_1.jpg

P1010215-Hotch-A_1.jpg

P1010206-Hotch_1.jpg

P1010205-Hotch-A_1.jpg

:heart: My sweet baby boy.......

Oh wow, he's going to have a real mismark on him...what a beautiful happy and very lucky baby boy :) Start intro's now since they are already a little unsettled, so he might slip in the back door if you know what I mean?

eagle said:
He is so adorable, I just want to eat him up. :wink2:
Glad the snake didn't feel the same way! :laugh4:

We had official intros tonight in the bathroom. The older rat that has been giving Penelope a hard time (Tia) completely ignored Hotch! And my youngish big male also ignored him. Go figure! However, two of the oldies were poofy and not happy - the oldest male, Casey, and his sister Lily. Lily had most of the girls corralled into the corner behind the door, and was guarding them. I guess she hasn't seen goolies that size! All the boys are neutered except the baby Hotch. I broke up a scuffle or two, and tried to calm the poofy ones. Even Hotch got poofy for a bit. He came out of it with a little nick on his shoulder, but was otherwise unscathed.
There was WAY more friction this time vs. introing the two girls a month ago. I don't know if it's because Hotch is not neutered, or if it's because there is already tension from Penelope being new.

Well, last Friday my baby boy had his neuter, which went off without a hitch (the vet let me watch!) So I decided to continue intros after a healing period. Friday night he joined the big cage. Yesterday I noticed him cleaning himself 'down there' and didn't think too much of it. This morning I checked him because I saw him doing it again, and sure enough, he's got paraphimosis. Bugger!
So, because we were away, I had to pack everyone up and head home early. I gave him the maximum dose of Metacam and lubed up his penis with KY jelly. Hopefully the Metacam will reduce the swelling enough that his penis can retract. I will apply more lubricant a bit later on if things are not where they need to be......
I went through this last time I had some boys neutered, so there seems to be a cause and effect going on here....

Dazzle87 said:
Oh no!

Huh, I've never heard of a link between the two, I'm not sure how not having testicles could affect that?
When it happened with Dudley, it was 5 days after his neuter.
This time it is 8 days after Hotch's neuter.....

Back