Hotch- rescued from the snake *Final Update July 30/13 p5

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the latest news on my baby boy:

He has, !AT LAST!, been accepted by the group. He has been in with them for a month, and the scrapping and chasing continued. Hotch would NOT submit to anybody, and always was up on his hind feet challenging everyone. I guess it took them a while to teach him his manners. Then the other day I found him in his first rat pile in a hammock. Oh yay baby boy!

The rat pile tonight (can you see him in there?):
P1010321-Aug2011_1.jpg

And some other pics of my sweetie:
P1010266-Hotch_1.jpg

P1010330-Hotch_1.jpg

P1010328-Hotch_1.jpg

He is a very solid boy and such a cutie - he still gets excited and hops and pops around sometimes... :heart:

ETA: And look how his marking has evened out and darkened!

Second the nomination.

After a neuter the internal swelling can cause the penis to be pushed out. Goliath had the same issue about 4 days post-neuter. Once the metacam and lubricant was used it went back in and he never had another issue. This is also common in male dogs post-neuter.

lilspaz68 said:
Second the nomination.

After a neuter the internal swelling can cause the penis to be pushed out. Goliath had the same issue about 4 days post-neuter. Once the metacam and lubricant was used it went back in and he never had another issue. This is also common in male dogs post-neuter.
Hotch says 'thanks!' for the nom. :)

I figured internal swelling caused the paraphimosis. It would resolve with a big dose of Metacam and lubricant, but then would recur 24 hours later. I put him on a course of Baytril for a few weeks just in case, as it kept coming back...

And an update for my Baby Boy, aka Hotch:
He is doing well, and is the biggest in cage now! He is still a bit shy, but has come a long way and tolerates my snuggles and kisses.
I just think he's the cutest! He couldn't decide which side was his best... LOL

P1010796-Hotch_1.jpg

P1010785-Hotch_1.jpg

P1010795-Hotch_1.jpg

jorats said:
Look at those dark markings! What a beauty!
Quite a difference from when I first picked him up, eh?

Unepuce said:
I know I've mentioned it before but... OMG, he is Chester's twin!!!

So yop, I do agree, he is the (second) cutest! :giggle:
Well they both are from the East Coast........ LOL
Imagine them doing the town together -- they'd get ALL the girls. :heart:

Back