Her eye is going to burst! Update: RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the rolling has stopped, but poor Jez is far from being 100% ...

[BBvideo 450,375:2likdp3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL36nmfuUWQ[/BBvideo:2likdp3s]

Oh my heavens, what an ordeal this has been. I'm sorry, I couldn't read the whole thread as eye issues at that level are... not something I can handle. I'm sorry she's still doing poorly. I hope things turn around for her :(

I can't express how wonderful you all have been - talking me through Jez's eye fiasco, sending her all those healing vibes and get well wishes. So its with a heavy heart I share that we ended Jezebel's battle last night.

No matter what meds we threw at her, Jezebel just couldn't recover. Yes, she was physically healing well at her surgery site, but neurologically she went steadily downhill. I suspect that the eye rupture was just the tip of the iceberg of something majorly wrong. Toward the end, it looked like she developed some sort of facial paralysis - her bottom incisors splayed and her mouth seemed frozen half-open. Oh, she wanted to eat, but she couldn't.

Jez, her buddy Jonah, and I spent a good hour cuddled together last night before I brought her in for the last time. In retrospect, I wish we approached her treatment differently - I should have started with the pred the moment her coordination started to go, before the whole eye rupture thing. Maybe that would have given us some extra time. But all "should haves" aside, my dear Jezebel is gone.

Thanks for all the support everyone. :hugs:

I'm so sorry. :cuddle: Please don't second-guess yourself; it would not have been safe to give Pred before surgery.

You and Jezebel fought hard, and you knew when it was time to stop. May she run free of troubles at the Bridge.

Back