Eve - dead uterus from overbreeding - recovered from surgery

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admire you for being able to hold back and not e-mailing the piece of garbage who nearly killed Eve to shove the surgery results down their throat.. That little girl is SO lucky to be saved and spayed.

Cigar said:
I admire you for being able to hold back and not e-mailing the piece of garbage who nearly killed Eve to shove the surgery results down their throat.. That little girl is SO lucky to be saved and spayed.

Actually I emailed the person and let them know what had happened and why.
I also let her know that Eve, Aaron and Moses were ok but that Sarah had died.
I wanted her to know so that in the future she wouldn't do the same thing to another rat.

SQ said:
Cigar said:

Actually I emailed the person and let them know what had happened and why.
I also let her know that Eve, Aaron and Moses were ok but that Sarah had died.
I wanted her to know so that in the future she wouldn't do the same thing to another rat.

You probably did it a hell of alot nicer than I ever could have. :wallbang: It's important for her to know that she caused it.. I really hope she never does it again either.

Was this an adult, or a child who had Eve before you?

If it was an adult, how can anybody be so stupid and irresponsible?

If it was a child, I'd be speaking to her parents as they are just as much to blame.

I believe it was a young person, but my only contact was through email and she lives about 4 hours away.
I found someone on kijiji rideshare to transport them to me.

She didn't think it was harmful to Eve when I initially communicated with her and tried to convince her to seperate the male and female.
I can see a lot of people thinking that way as they might assume that females in the wild might be constantly pregnant.
Finding out what had happened to Eve as the result of breeding had an impact on her.
I doubt she will do this to another animal, if she ever gets mixed sexes again.

Eve is doing great!
As Joanne suggested in another thread, I am sure she must be enjoying not being pregnant and not nursing.
As far as I know, those have been constants in her life for at least a year.

I removed Eve's final two stiches on Saturday.
Eve had a recheck this afternoon and is doing great!
She keeps sneezing but the vet was unable to find a problem.

December 20 - Eve wants to go explore ....

December20Evewantstogoexplore.jpg

At 413 g, this mama is slim, trim, and feeling good ! :thumbup:

Back