Eve - dead uterus from overbreeding - recovered from surgery

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad she's bouncing back well. Shelagh said it perfectly, the separation will be hard and her and the bubs but it's better than the alternative.

Eve has been on clavamox since Monday night. (Thanks for bringing it over godmother!)
Eve is on metacam for pain and also codene if needed.

Thanks, I know that Eve and her babies will be ok
.... just feeling a bit bad/guilty over the need to seperate them

Eve has gained a bit of weight today. She is eating baby cereal mixed with soy infant formula and enjoyed a bit of boiled egg this morning.
She has lab blocks too but they aren't quite as tempting.

Here is the rest of Eve's story:
the kijiji ad: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=21733
since she arrived: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21838&start=0

I am glad you posted the original story. I missed that, that is unreal, i knew she was breed a lot but not like that. I don't understand how some can be so irresponsible. I agree with jorats and dahlas, she is lucky, without you she would not be here, i am sure they would not do for her like you did.

Eve is being vry quiet. Sleeping most of the time.
She has not puled out her stiches :) so the pain meds must be doing their job

The babies mostly sleep or hide in the cage corner closest to their mama.
They are not willing to take formula from me and will only lick formula + baby cereal off my fingers for a brief time before scampering off.
Their weights are still increasing so they must be getting enough from their dish.

Make sure the babies continue to have fun, play a lot with them, put your hand over them, the warmth will make them feel secure... a reminder that they are not alone.

I spoke tooo soon ... Eve pulled out half of her stitches last night.
Fortunately everything looks good and is holding together.
Eve is quite fiesty when being given her meds, likes to climb on me and explored her new cage yesterday.
She is eating well, especially if it is something she likes such as a piece of boiled egg, cereal, peas or corn. Lab blocks and baby cereal are not as popular.

The babies will lick food off my fingers and like finger wrestling.
I will spend more time with them.

Eve is doing great! :)
She has gained a bit of weight, is eating well, and her incision looks completely healed on the outside.
The vet said that she can go back in with her babies on Tuesday.

SQ said:
Eve is doing great! :)
She has gained a bit of weight, is eating well, and her incision looks completely healed on the outside.
The vet said that she can go back in with her babies on Tuesday.

Can you let them see each other for short times right now? If they look like they are going to nurse just stop the session, but I bet they just crawl all over her and she will be soo happy to see them :D

Eve getting weighed this evening

December08Evegettingweighed.jpg

Evie looks so cute with her tail hanging out of the container! And she looks so much better than before the surgery.

One thing I am curious about: did the surgery cause her to stop producing milk?

Godmother said:
Evie looks so cute with her tail hanging out of the container! And she looks so much better than before the surgery.

One thing I am curious about: did the surgery cause her to stop producing milk?

I don't know if the surgery did but she hasn't been nursing for about a week.
As far as I can tell, she is no longer producing milk.

Back