Eve - dead uterus from overbreeding - recovered from surgery

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Everyone.
Eve actually has an appointment to be spayed later this month after the babies were weaned ... guess I'd better remember to cancel it.

December01Eve.jpg

Poor little girl ... she has quite the belly and is very pear shaped.
At least now the life of being constantly pregnant will be over.
Very nervous about tomorrow.

SQ said:
Thanks Everyone.
Eve actually has an appointment to be spayed later this month after the babies were weaned ... guess I'd better remember to cancel it.

December01Eve.jpg

Poor little girl ... she has quite the belly and is very pear shaped.
At least now the life of being constantly pregnant will be over.
Very nervous about tomorrow.

Poor, little, Eve. Hang in there Holly! I have no doubt that your vet knows exactly what to do and that Eve will come through like the champ she is. :bunnydance:

I'm sure that the babies will sail through as well! What could be more yummy than baby food off of a finger? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMH!!!!!!!

(get out of there Moses.... I was here FIRST!!!! ..... dream on bro.... get your snoot out of my breakfast!) :laugh4:

Good News!! :joy:
Eve is home and her surgery went better then expected.
A full recovery without complications is expected.
This is great news because her recovery period was anticipated to be dangerous due to the condition her uterus was in.
Eve's uterus was black and would have ruptured within the next couple of days.

Sad news:
Eve was pregnant with another litter - 6 babies that had been dead for quite awhile. :(
The vet said the condition Eve's uterus was in was likely due to back to back litters being bred for so long
... her body just couldn't bounce back and handle another litter.

So .... medacam isn't handling the pain well enough so adding codene.
Need to go mix up the meds for her and set up her new cage.
Their seperation is going to be very hard for Eve and her babies.

As sad as it is for her babies, Eve is ALIVE...and she will be feeling better soon. Poor little love carrying that around inside of her...now more Evey girl! You have hit the jackpot now! :joy:

I am very sorry for the babies but the good news is Eve will be ok. Sending healing vibes her way for a fast recovery. I am glad the surgery went well and they expect a full recovery. Sounds like you got her in to the vet just in time.

Thank you!
I am so very happy and relieved that Eve is going to be ok. :)

Edit: I weighed Eve
She went from 417 g yesterday to 369 g after surgery.

Yay Eve! What great luck for Eve that you took her in. If she had stayed in the situation that she had been in, she would have died a horrible, painful death. I'm SO pulling for her! I hope now that the source of toxins has been removed from her body that she will recover quickly. Hugs little mama!

So relieved that she is OK! How awful she must have felt, having all the infection and dead babies inside her. Now she can recover and then reunite with her two sweet boys. Three cheers for Dr. Stewart!

Yay! I've been looking at this thread for awhile and I'm glad to hear she'll recover.
I'm also sad for the babies, but it's alright too. She has brought life into the world already. Now she'll never die ;)

Best wishes and hopes! O:

Eve is more active today and eating.
Last night she just needed to lay on a heat source (wrapped snuggle safe) and she felt horrible.
Her cage is next to the babies so at least they can communicate and smell one another
but it is very difficult for Eve to not be able to be with them.
And of course, they want their mama.

:shock:
Just read the entire post.
Poor sweet Mama!!
Where did you rescue Eve from?
How many litters did she have do you know?
She is SO lucky that you rescued her and because of that she will live out the rest of her life happy and heathy. :joy:
Eve looks just like my Leila and I wouldn't be if your Eve was Leila's Mom.
:cuddle: :heart: and healing vibes are flying across Canada from Toronto to you.
LEILA

Back