Dolci is gone :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We slept well last night, she lay across my neck like a warm ratty boa. We would switch sides sometimes but then she would sleep again.

I tried her in the cage on the bed but as soon as I put her in it she was totally distressed...as soon as I had her cuddled up to my side, she calmed down and rested.

This morning she was moving a bit more so lets hope that is the dex does its job rather than the ratty instinct to hide somewhere to die.

Sweet little Dolci. Sweetness is rather new for her. Fear and nerves were more the norm, its very nice to be able to cuddle this girl finally. :D

I hate to leave her to go to work, but I am hoping its a short day.

Ann, you're gonna have to section off part of your brain for me and my ill rats it looks like! LOL.

Well Dolci enjoyed last night with me so much she decided to stick around and do it again. She had to have a bath tonight as she was sticky with Ensure and she was getting very frustrated trying to groom it off. I was mentioning to Arlene that last night even though it wasn't restful for me, was very peaceful and good for even me. Its like Mattie started my own healing and Dolci is finishing it up for me. I do not feel sad, or distraught, I don't think they would want me to be. I wonder if Selene has a hand in this from elsewhere? :love11:

But here's our newly sweet girl tonight.

DolciDec31.jpg

Look at those little clubbed paws
Dolci3Dec31.jpg

Dolci2Dec31.jpg

:thanks: for all your kind caring thoughts

I'm so glad she was there when you got home from work!
It does sound as if she's got her little lifetime bags packed. But damn, she looks just too content to make the trip :lol: She sure is beautiful. (You surely are Dolci)
That 3rd picture - her eyes - looks like she's putting all her energy into sending out love.
Oh, it just hit midnight there..... Whatever she does I think she's pretty much in control of how she wants it to go.

Somehow she is still with us. She sleeps quietly with me at night, she is with me or on the couch at all times. I really should just break down her cage and store it :roll:

A wonderful friend who I helped emotionally support with the illnesses and eventual loss of her last rat sent me a large cuddle cup. So she is in there now with a fleece blanket to keep her warm. She got metacam this morning and 3 cc's of rehydration solution. She still bruxes and boggles for me when she is awake and being stroked. Her favourite thing is to be stroked with the flat of my fingers or palm from her nose to her tail tip :heart:

She's taking her time with this but I am enjoying what we have left.

Honestly, can you really blame her for wanting to stay around? Seriously, being syringe fed ensure and rehyd solution whenever she's thirsty, cuddled up to a warm human all night, lots of one on one time, good deep body massages..

I don't think even *I* would wanna leave if I was getting that as a matter of course.

She's learned what she was missing when she was afraid and realizes that humans are great beings. She's appreciating it and showing you she does.

Our thoughts are with you.

javakittie said:
Honestly, can you really blame her for wanting to stay around? Seriously, being syringe fed ensure and rehyd solution whenever she's thirsty, cuddled up to a warm human all night, lots of one on one time, good deep body massages..

I don't think even *I* would wanna leave if I was getting that as a matter of course.

I agree who would want to give that up. What a little fighter Dolci is. I hate reading these threads. I just want to cry. :cry:

Don't be sad Melissa's Zoo. :) She is fine, albeit will leave me one day. She and I are healing each other's hearts right now. Its Her Time, and she is making the most of the love I have always had for her but wasn't allowed to express.

Back