Crumbilina's Rattums

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, on to Tellie and Remy
Look how good he looks! His eyes are open and clear, he is groomed and he is alert! He even ate after I took this picture! :D
DSC_0518_zps3349c155.jpg

Tellie makes me laugh. The looks she gives when i have the camera out >.<
DSC_0521_zps7a7a3d00.jpg

LOL wat?
DSC_0522_zps910383e0.jpg

And then they run away with their corn puffs
DSC_0527_zps94d3ec71.jpg

Ava and Mia (sorry about the cages in these next 2... its time to clean them)
Mia!!! Co-ordinated and proud of the mess she made
DSC_0530_zps4c3a1531.jpg

DSC_0528_zpsa778694c.jpg

And Elderly Ava sneaking out of the giant hole she made in the brand new hammock I made for them for christmas... ah well
DSC_0532_zpsd3e50fb0.jpg

The mess they make in only a couple days! Just the 2 of them... haha mind you the mess that Dizzy and Smudge makes is waaaaay worse

Dizzy and Smudge
Look at this mess!!! I've caught them both just chewing the lab blocks and spitting out the crumbs. THEN they throw the partly chewed, sharp, pointy blocks out of their cage LOL! I should get a movie of this cuz it really is funny... but messy. This pic is 2 days after a cage clean! They obviously dont know how to use a little box, nor do they realize it would be good to go int he tray of aspen shavings below. I suppose its easier to fling the little terds out of the cage if they aren't in something with edges >.<
DSC_0543_zps9281dbf0.jpg

Hehe Dizzy lounging
DSC_0539_zps535769b1.jpg

Wheres my puff?
DSC_0541_zps5a77ff68.jpg

Dizzy with her puff
DSC_0542_zps7ce1be5a.jpg

Miss Smudge all puffy.
DSC_0544_zpsa9fe903d.jpg

Smudge standing beside her mess... *rolls eyes*
DSC_0538_zps607a9195.jpg

Ruby!! In the rat resort, poor girl
Still such a sweetheart! I wish this pic wasnt so blurry
DSC_0548_zps516b898a.jpg

Such a sweet girl, such a sweet face <3
DSC_0551_zps8ab2dbaa.jpg

Unfortunately she doesnt stick around for pictures. She left after this one and would turn her back to me every time I tried to get another picture.

And Sadie, Mika and Maya
Mika and Maya's thread started here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32114
And Sadie's here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31843
This one of Maya (berk up front) makes me giggle. Mika is the berk in the back and one of Shelaghs nakies in the middle.
DSC_0488_zps05bf7026.jpg

I REALLY wish this one would have been in focus - Maya hanging off the front, Mika sneaking up from behind
DSC_0489_zps2f3bfd1c.jpg

Mika playing - she would run behind the litter pan stick her nose out and obviously i would try and get her. She would turn around and run out in the other direction, I pretend not to see her, she runs to my hand, jumps on it, I grab her and tickle her, she popcorns away and the whole thing starts again
DSC_0470_zps570d42c2.jpg

DSC_0469_zps4773f209.jpg

Sadie
DSC_0476_zpsac787090.jpg

GAH! She is so pretty!!!!
DSC_0482_zps88ef13cd.jpg

An older one of Sadie
DSC_0453_zps127e8c0d.jpg

Ok, thats all for now. I feel like I just wrote and illustrated a novel >.< ha

LOVING the photos! too tired to post more than that but just wanted to thank you for the photos and updates!

I adore your Tellie monster. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maya looks like she's got a bit of the devil in her :giggle:

and Basil has similar expressions to my boy Owen RIP.

gah, i miss having rats!!

So glad that you got through such a rough time with the ratties and that the Bromocriptine continues to do a good job. Sadie is very pretty :heart:, and I find the photo of Dizzy with her corn puff irresistible.

I nominate it for RPOM:

Godmother said:
So glad that you got through such a rough time with the ratties and that the Bromocriptine continues to do a good job. Sadie is very pretty :heart:, and I find the photo of Dizzy with her corn puff irresistible.

I nominate it for RPOM:

SECOND!!

I love the whole hang on the bars by the door the wees ones do. Her little perked up ears at the the door is awesome!

It was somewhat of a nasty night last night. I noticed that Ava wasn't doing well... her breathing was very noisy (I could hear her when I went into the room) and she was gasping. So, I gave her some dex hoping that she would settle. 3 hours later her gasping had no subsided. She was panic running and could not breathe and I could do nothing to help her. I watched her trying to think of something and ended up falling asleep. I woke up this morning and she was gone :(
I wish I could have done something to help, but I think it ws her time. She was 3 years old and her breathing issues were getting far worse and her episodes more frequent despite the medications she was on.
I'll miss her antics. She was such a funny girl.

RIP Ava :heart:
DSC_0213.jpg

I dont have recent pics of her :( I think I'll go and take pics of all the ratters today, its been a while since I did that.
I also didn't realize how much her expressions had softened since she came to me. That picture above is from sometime in the first 2 weeks that her group was in my care. She has relaxed a lot since then,

A couple weeks ago:
DSC_0532_zpsd3e50fb0.jpg

:hugs:

so sorry for your loss! but wow, she was 3?!! I've yet to have a rat make it to 2
that's a good long life, but of course doesn't make the loss any less painful

run free pretty Ava

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's hard when they are in distress like that and there's nothing you can do for them. :hugs: Breathe easy at the bridge Miss Ava...

I've wanted to do a bunch of photos of everyone since I know that a few of them will not be with me much longer, but, dummy forgetful me lost her SD card for the camera. I remember thinking as I set it *somewhere* that "this should be a nice safe spot for this"... but I can't remember what the spot was. It has irked me for a few days now and since I wasn't able to find it in the week that I was missing it... well I got a new card. I will do pics as I clean the cages throughout the week.

Today was Tellie and Remy and they got a new layout and instead of aspen, I get them a liner instead - Remy has a medium kinda HED going on so aspen was not really that comfortable for him, and he made it known. As soon as I put the new aspen in he crawled around on the bottom of the cage pushing it away and kinda glaring. So I took it out and now, liners. I also had an extra shelf sitting around so I threw that in there as well since the first shelf needs to be on the lowest level possible so Remy can access it. Tellie is still rather active so it will give her something to do. She was thrilled that I spent almost 3 hours on their cage today. Jumping from the cage to my lap and back.

Anyway, here are their pics:

New cage layout
DSC_0002_zpscc54adc3.jpg

Tellie on one of Althea's corner "cubes"
DSC_0009_zps02613891.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsa369633b.jpg

Remy under the ladder - LOL he looks rather pleased with his food >.<
DSC_0007_zps3d87aa8c.jpg

And a final one of Tellie
DSC_0004_zps6c596798.jpg

I took more, but they didn't turn out.
I'll take more tomorrow when I see what Tellie does with that liner LOL