Crumbilina's Rattums

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and...

Lovely Smudge
DSC_0639_zps7f1354e6.jpg

And Remy (on left) and Smudge (on right), late in life best buddies (Thank you Shelagh!!!!)
DSC_0644_zps48caf8c7.jpg

I don't have a good one of Remy :(

:heart: I miss these 2

Nice pictures! It's sad to say goodbye to our loves, but most times it is the necessary thing to do. I'm glad you have some silly young kids to brighten your spirits when you're missing Remy and Smudge. I think if you keep stuffing Nanuk's mouth full of treats before you pick him up, he will be all yours in no time!

Ohh you were right, that's a wonderful pic of Dill!! :heart: to think...from snake food, to me, to you, girlfriends, to more girlfriends (one a bit scary for now...bet they end up besties though!)

Sweet Smudge and Remy, they ended up falling in love once they worked out their issues.

The rest look fantastic...and Peeka...silly Peek!!!!

Abby passed away a few minutes ago.

I knew she wasn't well, but she was ok all morning and part of this afternoon. I left the cage a few hours ago to do some job hunting. I was talking to Shelagh and told her I thought that I would have to take her in on Friday to be pts, and told her I would get her a pic.
When I went into the rat room I found her breathing the way a dying rat breathes so I took a quick vid (If people would like to see I can post) and then held her until she passed. She passed peacefully while wrapped in a bright blanket on my lap as I gently stroked her cheek. I feel like she waited for me to come and see her but I may have been in the right place at the right time too.

We didn't have the best relationship - but we had a mutual understanding... I kept my fingers if I didn't touch her. Of course that didn't stop me, and we got some snuggles in now and then. She had a great, long (38 months!!!) and happy life with many cage mates who she absolutely loved. Basil and Neko were her last cage mates and she loved her big boys! She loved her families, even if she only tolerated me.

Anyway, here is my lovely old gal as she insisted on eating her hard food from the bowl instead of the soft mushy blocks that I made her and Neko. Look at that grin!
photo-6_zpse7f9c215.jpg

And she loved her lava ledges
photo-2_zpsd306e407.jpg

And her boys :heart:
DSC_0613_zps43b307e7.jpg

Goodbye silly girl :heart:
DSC_0588_zpsd5a240f6.jpg

RIP Abby. It sounds like even though she wasn't a people rat, she had a wonderful life and loved her rattie family. How great she was with you for so long!
Sweet dreams... :heart:

Back