Crumbilina's Rattums

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crumbilina

I just realized, I had separate threads for each of my rats, but not a combined one. For simplicity, I will now have a combined one.

First I'll start off with my old lady Cocoa. At 2.5 years old she is slowing down, but still likes to run on her wheel. She is the ultimate sweetie and the last of my original rats left, also my only rattie that likes giving kisses! She LOOOOOVES her sputnik and her cheerios. I got some great pictures this morning while she was eating her cheerios in her sputnik:

Next is Yoshi and Trixie. They are the lucky ones who have the single CN all to themselves, but not for long! Soon they will have new cage-mates. They are both very active girls and both love and DESTROY pocket hammocks in less the a couple hours (you should see the brand new hammock I put in there yesterday... it looks so... broken in?) They are both lovely little girls that HATE when you pick them up, but will climb all over you during out time. In these pictures, please excuse Yoshi's nasty eye. ALL of my ratties are currently sneezing (they have a vet appointment - should be a fun trip) and there is a lot of gook and gross stuff around Yoshi's eye. It will be taken care of shortly though.

Last but not least is Abby and Lily. They are my newest here. They are still both a bit skittish and will spend all of out time in my sweater, but they are very sweet and curious about the girls I have here. They are very excitable and will popcorn around their cage (and then bolt when anything but them makes a sudden movement). Lily likes to spend time in the hammocks at the top of the cage while Abby enjoys the safety of the area under the wheel in the corner. They have really been coming around the past few days - coming to the door of the cage in the morning to say hello and what not.

Hopefully Yoshi, Trixie, Lily and Abby will all be living together in the CN by the new year. I am somewhat of a chicken when doing intros since my very first set of intros didn't go well (Cocoa does NOT like other rats!) But I am trying. So far, since Lily and Abby won't come out of my sweater, I let Yoshi and Trixie run around and come up to my sweater to meet them. Yoshi and Trixie have no want to go into the sweater (its usually shoulders or top of head that they like) so it works out ok. No fights, no puffed fur, no anger no nothing except sniffing so I think thats alright. I will attempt bath tub intros soon, once I make sure there are no holes where little rattums (aka Abby) can escape the bathroom.

Anyway those are my rattikins :heart:

Edited for title, many timeselp

Oh my!! So sweet.
I love this one!

DSC04723.jpg

I had to go back and read what you wrote, when I saw the pics, I quickly went straight to them. lol

Aw, what a sweet Cocoa baby!! She has such a supremely content look on her face - truly, life cannot provide anything better than a Sputnik and a Cheerio!

cocoa.jpg

Is this size OK?

And thanks for the nomination! This one is my desktop background, and I smile every time I see it...

She just looks sooooooo happy

Edited to change size of picture

When you click on it, its larger... I think... maybe my computer is playing games with me on this monday morning :p

When I get home I will post it on photobucket and then image link it. That way it will be much larger :)

Lily and Abby have grown SO much and they have their adult fur in now! I can barely tell the difference between the 2, Abby is a BIT darker. If it werent for their personalities I wouldnt know the difference.

Unfortunately since I have been away the past few days (and ended up having to recover - unpack etc tonight), I havent been able to have anyone out for outtime. Instead I was able to spend some time with them just playing in their cage. Abby HATES being picked up BUT will popcorn around my hand and actually happily squeek. I was worried that I was stressing her out so I stopped and she came to the door looking for my hand :heart:. Lily just likes being picked up and loved so I am content with that. They are so big though!!!!

But they are ALL sneezing. I thought that it was just maybe because of the new rattie smells (i had a very short intro session), but no they are still sneezing. Im happy that I went with my gut instinct and booked that vet appointment. MAN though, I cant imagine all the medicating I'll have to do :giggle: they are ALL gonne be on meds 2 times a day... 5 rattums!?!?! Should be interesting. I have only had 2 max on meds.

Anyway I was jsut super excited about Abby! I thought that she hated me... but no, it just turns out she doesnt like to be picked up thats all... :) I go to bed happy!

AHHH!!!!! DANCES!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!! JUMPS!!!!!!!! And any other happy movement that you can think of!!!!!

GREAT NEWS!!!!! I am SO excited..

Cocoas "tumor" is actually HALF the size it used to be!!!

The antibiotics are working!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'm have got to be one of the happiest people on the planet right now :D

Here we are thinking it is this inoperable metastatic tumor of some sort... but no! Antibiotics (in the correct dosage) is all she needed :nod: !!!

I'm so happy :dance:

:awe: Thank you Dr. Gerald!!!!!

It is indeed the best Christmas present I could possible have gotten :D

So all of my ratties have a vet appointment tomorrow morning. They are all sneezing so I suppose that they will all be on antibiotics....ehh...

Wish me luck! I have 3 cages of ratties to take and only 2 travel cages lol! Go figure!

Back