Clark - Neuter Drama Appears Over

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good! She left it open. That is really important! Make sure you don't put any ointment on it. It should remain opened and flushed for several days and many times a day. The meds, I don't believe those are a good choice for recurring abscesses. I would have him on Clavamox. My Gera had a neuter abscess pop up near the penis. It took a month of Clavamox for him to do a full recovery. Same with my Lincoln, his opened up and needed lots of flushing to help it clear up. Lincoln did well on Baytril.

What photos? :peepwall:

Couldn't get them to download last night - I tried until I fell asleep!!

The opening taken yesterday
IMG_6410_zpsf3e6bf1d.jpg

IMG_6409_zpse9fd5e0b.jpg

Clark recuperating after surgery
IMG_6387_zpse0230321.jpg

IMG_6389_zps1dce4abf.jpg

IMG_6391_zps0feef5b8.jpg

Pictures for Oreo to enjoy

Not funny mom!
IMG_6407_zps3962b7fc.jpg

Take it off now! Tantrum throwing Clark!
IMG_6398_zpse5cd1a2d.jpg

IMG_6405_zps32cb7860.jpg

That looks nice and clean. Hang in there little Clark, this ordeal will soon be over.

Good! I wasn't to sure what I was looking at or if it looked alright :thumbsup: We do let him out of the cone quite a lot while we watch him - and I let him clean it a bit as long as he doesn't get carried away.

Came home from shopping today and guess who escaped his cone? :watchful: That would be one Clark-O-Dill-O-Saurus (that's what I call him) he seems to have left the hole alone so I suppose we'll just leave it off. :clapping:

Aww, what a poor cutie!
It looks just like Oreo's did. Keep him out of the cone, it helped her a lot. >:I

http://www.joinrats.com/RatHealth/BANDAGINGRATS/AnchorTapeBandage/

I used this wrap on RJ, it was far better than the cone. I got it right under his front legs and just down below the rib cage. They can still eat and they can move but it isnt as annoying as something being around their neck. It stayed putting on RJ and he was sewn up 3 times on monday from opening it. No sooner I took it off today, he took those stitches out LOL but I dont like keeping them wrapped. He has 2 little holes but they look good so far.

http://www.joinrats.com/RatHealth/BANDAGINGRATS/AnchorTapeBandage/

I used this wrap on RJ, it was far better than the cone. I got it right under his front legs and just down below the rib cage. They can still eat and they can move but it isnt as annoying as something being around their neck. It stayed putting on RJ and he was sewn up 3 times on monday from opening it. No sooner I took it off today, he took those stitches out LOL but I dont like keeping them wrapped. He has 2 little holes but they look good so far.

I think by tomorrow - Saturday for sure, his hole will probably be closed up so I have no idea why they wanted that thing on him for two weeks. He really doesn't bother with it.

There is nothing for him to remove that is why LOL

Outside of PICA I never had one just chew at their incision for no reason. RJ had stitches this time, since he opened them already LOL I guess my vet thought that would stop him, which he gladly pulled out today. I rarely get that problem with glue. We have with 2 boys but that is it. I hate the openings their insides are so much better contained in their skin with no windows to see in LOL RJ had me so grossed out I couldnt handle it ........

There is nothing for him to remove that is why LOL

Outside of PICA I never had one just chew at their incision for no reason. RJ had stitches this time, since he opened them already LOL I guess my vet thought that would stop him, which he gladly pulled out today. I rarely get that problem with glue. We have with 2 boys but that is it. I hate the openings their insides are so much better contained in their skin with no windows to see in LOL RJ had me so grossed out I couldnt handle it ........

I didn't like being able to see in him - kind of freaked me out I must admit!

It is horrible to see. Has his hole closed up any? RJ has two holes I posted it on my rescued rat page tonight. I wish i could say i was over surgeries but I need to have a butt load done here.

It is horrible to see. Has his hole closed up any? RJ has two holes I posted it on my rescued rat page tonight. I wish i could say i was over surgeries but I need to have a butt load done here.

No, not completely but its getting there. He really doesn't bother it much except to clean himself. I put the cone on him last night and it was still there this morning, but he's had it off all day and I think we're done with it. They wanted it on for 2 weeks! I walked out of there thinking that's not going to happen. We put him back in his regular cage today since we had him in a much smaller one to limit his movement.

I saw your page, very sad about phantom....

dspch hang in there!
Oreo and I are keeping our fingers crossed for Clark, and Matilda is too for Kona. It is so stressful but worth it, and everything will be all right soon!!! :kisses:

Follow up appointment today ... so far things look good! Cone stayed on maybe 3 days and only when we weren't home. (expect that night he got out of it) Hopefully he will have friends soon!!!

Back