Clark - Neuter Drama Appears Over

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a way to tire out our fuzz butt of energy and keep him away from our arms. He is absolutely fasinated with a cat toy we have its a feather on a string. Hubby swings it all over the couch and he just chases that thing until he's exhausted! It is so funny to watch. The cat could care less about it, but Clark love it!! I have to get a video of this...

That's great. Once he's all tired out, that's the time to offer him treats. To show him calmness is what we desire. :)

Didn't think of that since daddy gives him treats the whole time he is out! gerber puffs, cookies, peanuts (his favorite) - mostly he hoarder them in the corner of the couch. When he's tired he pancakes on the arm of the couch - funniest thing! I have a rat laying on my couch!!!

Clark went in this morning for his snip snip. I felt bad leaving him there. He was quite upset in the travel cage and my boy that never wants to be caged refused to come out of it at the vet whenever anyone else was in the room. I wonder if he thought I was re-homing him. This made me happy and sad. Happy, that he wouldn't want to leave us, but sad that he was so stressful and not understanding that I would be back for him. The only other time he had been in the car was when I picked him up. He did come out of the cage when we were alone, but when the doctor came in he made a dash for the cage, striking the door and knocking himself off the table and onto the floor. Oh my poor boy...

He is out of surgery and doing fine ... I will be picking him up in a couple hours. Now hopefully my arm will be out of danger and we can get him in with friends!

I forgot the name of the medication not to use so I didn't list it and I think he has pica - not sure could just be hungry, but I noticed it at the vet when I got him.. He's eating is oxbow, then I caught him eating poop (ate all the oxbow I gave him) while he was waiting to get into his hospital cage. Hopefully he's just hungry. Loaded up the cage with food and stuff to chew on just in cage. He looks pretty good and the incision is better than last time.

The office staff loved him - I was explaining who he was since they all know the vicious biter story and they said "That's him?!" No way he's so sweet ....

If he has pica, you'll see him eat his bedding, things that are not food necessarily. Hopefully he'll settle down and feel so much better.

If he has pica, you'll see him eat his bedding, things that are not food necessarily. Hopefully he'll settle down and feel so much better.

Like his feet? He was chewing on his front paws a bit, and I don't consider poop food, but maybe he does. I thought it just meant excess eating/chewing. Maybe he didn't then so that's good.

Back