Blood? *update* pics!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I didn't think you were a stalker! What a young mom you are - my mom didn't have me until she was your age.

Aw...thank you for calling me young....bless your little heart! :cuddle: (I have been feeling old about turning 40) I have a 16 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. No more~I'm fixed! :giggle:

I'm so sorry about the money issues.......

We craved into our savings, and were able to afford a trip to the vet for Stella. The perscribed medications she gave us seem to be clearing up most of the blood. The vet found out that Stella has bacteria in her vaginal area, causing it to bleed inside. She said it may get worse, so I am trying to keep an eye on it. For now, everything seems fine.

Glad things are going better, maybe you can work out a sort of payment plan with your vet if you end up needing to get something more serious done..like a spay.

I know that my vet understands that i am only 16 and even with a job its a pain sometimes too find the money, but they know that i'll always pay them back when the money is due. So maybe it's worth asking the vet about.

Im hoping that everything will stay clear up with little Stella!
Good Luck

Stella has gotten much worse. We have diagnosed the disease as Urinary Tract Infection She is all swollen, and is loosing blood quickly from her vaginal area, nipples, and scabs coating her small body. She has also been sleeping more than usual. My mom thinks it is her time, and she is too old. :( It is not bad enough to put her to sleep, because she is not in much pain, even though she is loosing blood. She is 19 months old, so a little over a year and a half. She doesn't look as if she is going to pass on any time soon, but I can never be so sure. :cry3:

Sounds like she is suffering and has been suffering since you first posted. Urinary Tract Infection (or anything worse) is not painless. I expect the meds you got were antibiotics? She's a week into them, they should be helping by now, how long does she have them for? And scabs too? Might she have mites or something on top of it? That could keep her in too weak a state to heal at all. She needs immediate help if she is to live I think..
Can anyone take her from you and give her the care she needs? Would you allow that? If you can't find someone to give her the care you can't maybe you should have her put to sleep? I hate to say this and I am not trying to be hard on you. I'm just thinking that poor baby's been suffering bigtime for how long now and isn't any better and she shouldn't suffer any more unless there's a chance she'll recuperate.

The veteranarian said she is not even close to be needing to be put to sleep. Stella is loosing blood fast though, but she doesn't seem to be showing any signs of pain. She's acting like she always does.

lilangel said:
Spaying will eliminate the problem altogether and may extend her life. Be sure to find a competent vet to perform the surgery. It should cost in the neighborhood of $65 to $150 for the entire procedure.

My vet estimated a neuter at $200 and a spay at $300.. I'd love to find such a cheap vet. :doh:

I'm glad your mom finally understood that she needed to get to the vet. The scabbing is usually a sign of parasites and as it was mentioned, it can weaken her immune system even more and make it harder for her to fight.. :( I really hope she gets better soon. :heart:

Let's recap shall we?

Blood from the vaginal area sounds like a genital myco infection. What antibiotics did your vet give you?

UTI is an infection in the urinary tract and has NOTHING to do with the vagina. So which is it?

And she's bleeding from her nipples and has scabs? Where are the scabs?

Alright, my dad thought it is UTI.
The blood is coming out of the hole below the urinary hole.
The scabs on her belly, head, neck, ears, arms and legs, back, and tail. They're coating about every inch of her poor delicate body. :(

Cigar said:
lilangel said:
Spaying will eliminate the problem altogether and may extend her life. Be sure to find a competent vet to perform the surgery. It should cost in the neighborhood of $65 to $150 for the entire procedure.

My vet estimated a neuter at $200 and a spay at $300.. I'd love to find such a cheap vet. :doh:

I'm glad your mom finally understood that she needed to get to the vet. The scabbing is usually a sign of parasites and as it was mentioned, it can weaken her immune system even more and make it harder for her to fight.. :( I really hope she gets better soon. :heart:

It is almost impossible to find spays in that price range depending on where you live. But it's lovely to dream about...

Stella has been spayed before, but does she need to again? Blood is still coming out, 24/7. My parents said I'm not allowed to handle her, because she gets blood stains all over my clothes. :(

if she has indeed been spayed then she doesnt need it again. Did you take her in to be spayed?
Also your baby needs you now more than ever, please dont stop giving her loves! :heart:
Maybe wear an old shirt or towel on your lap?? Will they let you do that?
Hang in there :hugs:

I think you need another veterinary opinion. If they diagnosed her correctly, then she would be OK by now. She still has a problem, so needs to be re-examined.

Stella doesn't seem to be showing any sign of pain, unless you wipe her "bloody area" with a damp warm wash cloth gentley. She puffs her tummy up and trembles. Poor little girl. :( We are planning to take Stella to a different vet to see if she has a different opinion about Stella's problems. My dad said that if it keeps getting worse, the vet may need to cut her open and do surgery inside! :cry2: I'd rather put her to sleep if we have to choose between the two. What is the right thing? :help2:

If the vet needs to do surgery on her to see what is going on inside, then i would allow them to. They will be able to give you a better diagnosis if they can actually see what is going on inside.

What medication did the last vet give you to try?

Exploratory surgery is not a bad thing.
Is Stella on meds? She should be on Clavamox or Convenia shot or the very least Baytril.

I'll try the Baytril to start, and then work my way into the stronger meds like Calavamox. She is not currently on meds, but I will put her on some as soon as I can. You have been very helpful, Joanne. :) My dad is willing to take her to the vet for an operation if she needs one, and if the bleeding still keeps getting worse. I'll talk to him about medicine for Stella as soon as he gets home from work. For now, I'll just keep excersising her, and keeping her healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back