"Big Angry Live Rat for Food" - Baby Pics :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bulgy bits this morning

Mar2714AraAM.jpg~original

Mar2714AraAM2.jpg~original

and her beautiful face :)

Mar2714AraAM3.jpg~original

The babies are doing some serious dancing in there so it could be a matter of a few hours.

This was Lilith's at 7 am...she had babies at midnight. They were only moving casually in this video. With Ara they are really moving...the Baby Dance as they get ready :D

Unfortunately Ms. Arabelly is too shiny, the carrier too dark, and my video is not good enough. You can try to watch over her flank area (no rib cage or pelvis there so the babies will push out there and you might see it)

Last edited:
AH! I am excited!!! She will do great! I am sure she wants the little buggers out of her already. She has gotten huge in the last week!! <3

Oh come on, what is she waiting for?! :doh: Come on cutie your keeping us in suspense.... Wishing for an easy and quick delivery...:heart:

eep eep eep! Yat for eepers, hope there's only a few and they're all healthy! :) You rescued not only momma but her babies, too.

I am pretty sure she's done as she's now nursing them. She seems to be a very good mom (sadly she's had a TON of practice :undecided:)

I took a peek in and found at least 1 stilborn who I managed to carefully get out from the edge of the nest. No idea why this girl didn't make it as she's the same size as the others.

Mar2714Arasstlbornbaby.jpg~original

Ara looks good, not worn out. And she's still being quite active as I heard her vigorously ripping up more paper towel.

Mar2714Arasbabie2.jpg~original

My guess is somewhere between 8-12 babies and they are both dark and light-eyed.

Mr2714Arasbabies3.jpg~original

Mar2714Arasbabies.jpg~original

Sad she lost 1...but only one is not bad...maybe she just got pushed aside. They are a good size!
Nice and pink!! Hopefully she can keep up with all of them!
Good job Arabella!!

Back