"Big Angry Live Rat for Food" - Baby Pics :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh how cute! sorry one didn't make it :(

nine little ones, hard to believe that those tiny earless, eyeless things can make noise. I've yet to see a newborn rat or any rat younger than 5 weeks old...
these little ones look like they're not fully cooked to me, so I just can't imagine them moving and eeping and all that.

Last edited:

nine little ones, hard to believe that those tiny earless, eyeless things can make noise. I've yet to see a newborn rat or any rat younger than 5 weeks old...
these little ones look like they're not fully cooked to me, so I just can't imagine them moving and eeping and all that.

That's what I was thinking!! It so strange to see how they start out and then just a few short weeks later they're running around and pooping everywhere and chewing everything. Sigh. So sweet. How can you not love these little things?

The moving and eeping is what makes mom instinctively care for them. When they don't move and eep (stilborn) this is when she will ingest them along with the placentas. Or she will ignore them like Arabella did to her little girl.

I thought Ara might be a defensive mom, and I was being careful but I don't think I hae to worry as long as I respect her. She's out right now for a little Out time. She's actually bouncing around now that she doesn't have a heavy load in her belly anymore.

All the babies are fine this morning and Ara looks pretty pleased with herself.

Mar2814Araafterherbabiesareborn.jpg~original

9 is a fine number miss belly! They look great for wrinkly pink pups! I am so happy she is doing well and is a good, relaxed mama.

How beautiful they all are! Sad for the one little girl, but she'll be her Mommy's guardian angel now. So glad to know the babies will all get a loved life with their Mum.

Ara is so gorgeous!! I was wondering if she was just as 'vicious' now that she has babies?
Glad to hear everyone is still looking and doing great this morning

oh she sure is pretty and looking pretty proud too!!

I have a huge soft spot for the mommas.

I adopted a bunch of my girls in Momma/daughter pairs or "sets": Mumma B and her daughters Clair and Phaedra
Paige and her daughter Evie
and Tessa and her daughter Tilly.

gah, I think when my boys have passed on, I"ll be getting girls again. Miss my girls so much.

random, I know, sorry!!

Weeellll we have 4 boys (2 dark-eyed, 2 light) and 5 girls (2 dark-eyed, 3 light-eyed) this includes the runt who is a light-eyed girl.

The boys are just so obedient and malleable LOL

Mar2814Arasbabiesboysday2.jpg~original

"Simon Says, turn to your right"

Mar2814Arasbabiesboy.jpg~original

Now the girls? Hooligans LOL

Mar2814day2Arasbabiesgirls2.jpg~original

Mar2814day2Arababiesgirls.jpg~original

The whole litter. The little boy on the right is either a totally different colour than the rest or he looks unwell.

Mar2814Arasbabiesday2.jpg~original

Eeeps! So I'll order 1 boy and 3 girls lol...
So adorbz!
Hoping the one boy is just a dark one.... look at those lovely milkbands!!

Last edited:
Beautiful mama and beautiful babies :heart::heart:
Nice milk belly :)

So very sorry about the stillborn baby girl ...
Hope everyone else continues to do well

Last edited:
Oh you must know I'm kidding! Haha
I have a young male to pair up with and the 3 girls would be their own group I have a big empty cage and prefer odd #s.

Last edited:
Back