Baby rat problem

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean they actually try to hang on lol and yes they nibble on the blocks too. They definitely prefer to nurse though. They squeak for her to comply to feeding them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe theyre dwarves? Dumbos face looks like this "dwarf" rat. Not even sure what or how that came about. But their faces both seem short and wide with big eyes. The rat on the left in this is supposedly a dwarf. I just got this from google. Lol
ejysateb.jpg

And then my babys face
u8y7ebym.jpg

You might have something there. My coworker was telling me about 'african soft-furred rats' (not the huge ones) not sure if they are the same as dwarf rats but they don't get much bigger then a field mouse and are becoming popular and interbred.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

SterlingRats0408 said:
You might have something there. My coworker was telling me about 'african rats' (not the huge ones) not sure if they are the same as dwarf rats but they don't get much bigger then a field mouse and are becoming popular and interbred.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Hmm yea and like I said the mom was just a feeder so it could be anything. But I looked up the dwarves and it said when bred to a bad line, which would be my case, they don't live long and usually have problems, but they, in general, are very loud (squeaking all of the time like mine) and 1\3 the size of a regular rat.

Awwww, baby rats are sooo cuuteeeeeeeeeee I can't take it. I really hope the 2 little ones grow up to be okay, they really are small in that comparison photo!

Have the little ones opened their eyes all the way yet? In the pics it always looks like they're still only half open. Do they have issues with bright light?

Awww, I'm sorry. Poor little bubbers had a good life though, short as it may have been. RIP babies, keep each other company at the Bridge...
Hugs to you! :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been reading this thread & following their progress. It looks like their short lives were filled with a lot of love.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy Note 2 but still wishing it was a 3

Back