Baby rat problem

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its hard to get good pictures because they honestly cant stop moving which is weird :eek: But I love these babies. They are honestly cuter to me. One actually will not open his eyes fully. I thought he was going to but nope.. I named this baby Prince Charming, Prince for short.
e4ujyquq.jpg

y8a3a4u9.jpg

And then there's Romeo, who has his eyes open, a little more hair, and more spunk. Lol
qa2u5ete.jpg

gygutu9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww sweet babies your doing a great with them, lovely names too.
Its like that two peely ones have dermatitis or psoriasis, I'm glad their fur is growing. Hope their eyes open fully soon.
I did wonder if olive oil or coconut oil would help their skin unsure if it would be a good idea tho just in case their mumma wouldn't recognise their scent anymore and she could reject them? I've never had little pinkies and a mumma so I could be wrong.
Keep up the great work and good luck with the little ones.

SarahA said:
Aww sweet babies your doing a great with them, lovely names too.
Its like that two peely ones have dermatitis or psoriasis, I'm glad their fur is growing. Hope their eyes open fully soon.
I did wonder if olive oil or coconut oil would help their skin unsure if it would be a good idea tho just in case their mumma wouldn't recognise their scent anymore and she could reject them? I've never had little pinkies and a mumma so I could be wrong.
Keep up the great work and good luck with the little ones.
Well the mom is absolutely wonderful. Shes let me hold them from day one. She takes great care of them and her attitude never even changed. And they're already eating on their own, still nursing too though. And on a side note, if a rat has the early onset megacolon wouldn't it show at two weeks? Mine are 18 days old today and none of them show any signs of it. :) but I'm not sure when it can show up and everything. Im crossing my fingers they stay healthy!

I'm glad there's no sign of MC yet! It usually shows up when they start eating food.

I wonder if Prince has any eye issues. If they have skin problems, then maybe eye problems too?
Either that or the world is just too darned bright for him right now.
It's nice to see they are still progressing. :)

Joanne said:
I'm glad there's no sign of MC yet! It usually shows up when they start eating food.

I wonder if Prince has any eye issues. If they have skin problems, then maybe eye problems too?
Either that or the world is just too darned bright for him right now.
It's nice to see they are still progressing. :)
They have been eating food so yay! I gave them some cheerios today and they had a ball. Lol And actually, Prince opened his eyes up more today. His eyes and Romeo's don't fully open though and I think it might be because their eyeballs are prominent and kind of bulge out. Its enough to see for sure though. But they sure do enjoy wobbling around the cage :)

Yes! Im only a little nervous about one of them. Her stomach seems a little plump.. Not like in pictures of MC that I've seen though. Do their tummies stick out a little? But not much different than her brothers and sisters. Shes a actually the biggest too. But in other news I have found amazing mommies for 4 of the babies. One to go! Im keeping two of them and then the little sick boys. And they seem to be getting better everyday!
Here is one girl who is reserved :) and i told her mommy about the possible MC.
utyna8u4.jpg

This boy i call Shadow. Im still trying to find him a home!
4ygehygu.jpg

And Prince and Romeo, my lovess!
ege3ete3.jpg

a5ytapyj.jpg

nypudu8a.jpg

Oh my goodness, they are so different from their siblings! Cute little tatty babies! How is their skin looking? Fewer flakes and more hair? Is their skin starting to feel more normal? Or still thick?

Yea fewer flakes, more hair, and some bald spots :) they are so much smaller and different! I still have no clue what is wrong :eek: But they seem like theyre full of life

I hope they get to live out a normal life, and this is just a minor hiccup in the road. It makes them that much more appealing, being 'needy' ratties. :heart: babies...

It's hard to think of now, but when they pass away, you should consider getting a necropsy to determine what their condition is, if there are any differences...

Oh my! If I lived closer I'd gobble up that little boy! He'd fit right in with Tyrion and LB! :D

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back