Zeus -Still at the Vets...HOME :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
Unepuce said:
Such wonderful news!!! You complain, but I'm sure deep down you were happy to be kept awake all night! :giggle:

You are right, I would've liked if he had cuddled down and slept, but he was soo happy, and just kept checking things out, coming back to tell me all about it, nipping my chin lightly (wakey wakey!), then off again. LOL
Awwwww.....he loves you! :heart:

Last night I decided to have Zeus out overnight again, and Linnea had to stay trapped in her cage *dirty looks* to give her one more day at healing up.

He let me sleep a lot more and only visited. When he did visit though he wanted to Play!!!! :joy: This morning he weighed 319 grams (gained 10 grams in 1.5 days) and took his meds like a champ and without a whimper.

Then he disappeared. I found him in a junk basket I had tossed in the corner on top of some carriers. He was sleeping in there (he must've climbed the back of the rocking chair, across in front of Inca's cage then crawled into the basket. Inca was keeping him company lying on the base nearest him in her cage.

aug25Inca.jpg

He looks a lot more himself now. :)
aug25Zeusinthebasket.jpg

Guess I had better pull the junk out of that basket and make it more rat-friendly for him LOL

Joanne said:
Are they boyfriend and girlfriend?

Gosh no! Inca has been alone since Tria died. She ranges between damaging other rats or being terrified of them. For awhile there I had her running along with Zeus and Thomas...but once Zeus got sick, Thomas got waaay too intense for her, and really scared her. I really really hope that Zeus feels stronger soon, and I can try him and Thomas together. Right now bouncy boy is too much for a weak little guy, but I think it might happen again, especially when he was trying to play last nght :D Once that happens, I will continue with Inca out with them, since Thomas will be distracted by his BFF being around and not stalk her. :p

lilspaz68 said:
Joanne said:
Are they boyfriend and girlfriend?

Gosh no! Inca has been alone since Tria died. She ranges between damaging other rats or being terrified of them. For awhile there I had her running along with Zeus and Thomas...but once Zeus got sick, Thomas got waaay too intense for her, and really scared her. I really really hope that Zeus feels stronger soon, and I can try him and Thomas together. Right now bouncy boy is too much for a weak little guy, but I think it might happen again, especially when he was trying to play last nght :D Once that happens, I will continue with Inca out with them, since Thomas will be distracted by his BFF being around and not stalk her. :p

I always get a small chuckle out of reading about your rattie dynamics. Who knew getting these "friendships" arranged would be so complicated. You're a little matchmaker. :laugh4:

Many kisses and cuddles don't worry :heart:

Last night I waited for Jenny to arrive before medicating Zeus. When I do the sub-q he gets quiet the hump over his shoulders and I was trying very hard to get a picture of it :p

aug25Zeusaftersub-q.jpg

Here you can see it a bit better.

aug25Zeusaftersub-q2.jpg

It absorbs quite quickly, which means he really needs the fluids still. Today is his last day of daily dex with his morning ringers. He goes onto every 2nd day now.

He's doing just great, sooo thin and light, but so bright and active. I cannot believe my vet saved him! :bow:

This morning I weighed Zeus again and he's 330 grams!!!! (that's 21 grams since Tuesday evening!) :dance:

And he let me take a pic just before I started pushing the fluids in.

aug26Zeusandsubq.jpg

oh nice to see what the butterfly looks like, I mean I've seen them before but I don't think they were that small......?

he's such a good boy to sit there and let you do that, he must know it's gonna make him feel better

how long will you be doing the fluids?
steroids make cats pee more, I guess they do the same for rats too? so as long as he's on steroids he may need fluids....?

I too am impressed at how he will just sit there and let you give him fluids - maybe he is making the connection of that and feeling better? I'm glad he's so bright and gaining some weight!

He's not an intelligent boy like Thomas but he's a smart boy. He's also very kind. :) He weighed 341 grams this morning, but that was after his 10 cc's were on board, but they cannot weigh that much can they?

It';s very nice to have an easy to treat rat for once. :thumbup:

Back