Zeus -Still at the Vets...HOME :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the clinic today and my vet saw me and called me back to see Zeus. They were all saying how much better he looked this morning :D He did look a TON better. Today was his first serious improvement, so we are going to see if he regresses during the day or maintains it, and then we can decide if he goes home tonight with me. He was thin, but bright, and checking everything out. He's holding himself up very well. Meningitis is still on the table, as is a tumour on the brain or an abscess on the brain.

My worry is he cannot eat on his own during the day while I am at work. At least I can do the sub-q fluids and dex (changed from metacam), and the twice a day chlorpalm, etc no problem. And of course if he worsens I will rush him back.

It was so good to pat, kiss and cuddle my little man! :heart:

Linnea is in today for an ultrasound, and an exploratory/spay depending on what is found during the ultrasound. She may have ascites, pyometra or sadly, masses in her abdomen, causing a constant weight gain. :(

Oh Shelagh... I am so glad that you were able to put your little hands on your boy again. I can't imagine what a wonderful moment that was for you both. :heart: & I'm sorry to hear the prognosis for Linnea is still so worrisome.

I'll be hoping for even better news the next time around, but I'm just happy you were able to not only get Linnea in, but to hold & comfort your sweet man. Gotta take in the good moments where you can get them. :wink2:

I'm sorry about Linnea. I hope she just needs a spay and it is not complicated!

So glad to hear about Zeus though! My fingers are crossed he continues to improve!!

Emily just called. They got slammed by emergencies today, so they still have 7 procedures to go (by now they are usually finishing Surgery). Linnea will be done much later today than usual. They are suggesting I come pick up her and Zeus tomorrow night instead of tonight, which gives Dooser one more day of care and they can let Linnea recover there.

Linnea was spayed. The assistant who I talked to said basically "Angry uterus"...something was wrong with it, but no pus, no fluids and no masses, best of all!
She wasn't even awake when I called at 6:30.

Zeus was as good as he was this morning ALL day, so he is definitely coming home tomorrow night with Linnea... :bliss:

That is awesome!

I can relate to the angry uterus once a month! poor girl. I am glad this will make her feel better!

Cant wait to see how Zeus is when he is home!

:happydance: :bunnydance: :happydance: :bunnydance: :happydance: :bunnydance: :happydance: :bunnydance:

This is the best news I've heard all week. Smother them with luvins tomorrow!!!

All well this morning, Linnea is quiet but she's probably sleepy and bored and a little ouchy. Zeus is doing really well and I am glad to report there were some normal solid poops this morning. They had oxbow in his dish but I took out 3 Harlan blocks from Linnnea's carrier to give to him and he took them and stashed them. I guess he ate some. :thumbup:

I was happy to read the title change - he will be so happy to come home! I hope your little girl is starting to feel better now too. Familiar smells and sounds work wonders for the soul......

Back