Zeus -Still at the Vets...HOME :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First we have a very subdued Linnea. For once.
giggle.gif

aug23Linneapostspay2.jpg

aug23Linneapostspay.jpg

and Doosers (Zeus). He is different, but how could you not be changed by something like that! I do think there was some damage from the infection but he's still a sweetie just seems unfocussed now. He also has mannerisms that seem to be after-effects as well. An off and on tilt, a strange impromptu twist up and over his shoulder, and other things that I will likely discover over the next few days.

But overall he's fantastic!! He's lost weight, he's only 309 grams now so I was send home with the Emeraid food to give him twice a day. He gets .1 cc of doxy twice a day, .36 cc of chlorpalm twice a day, .05 cc's of dexamethasone once a day for 3 days, then every other day for 3 more doses. Also he gets 10 cc's of fluids morning and night. He was soooo good about it when I did all his night doses and his sub-q injections.
thumbsup.gif

Zeus is glad to be home
aug23Zeushome3.jpg

He's sooo thin now, but look at how bright those eyes are!
aug23Zeushome5.jpg

Here's the funny twist he does
aug23Zeustwisthome.jpg

No matter how sick you feel, there's always room for peach puffs LOL
aug23Zeushome4.jpg

aug23Zeushome2.jpg

Very happy to see me, I sat on the floor in front of the chair, and he cuddled up to my hand and bruxxed and boggled. Gosh I missed this little guy!!
beatingheart.gif

aug23Zeushome1.jpg

::snorts:: Linnea's giving you the stink-eye...

And Zeus... what a sweetie-pie! Give him a wee kiss for me - he's really looking oustanding, especially considering it was meningitis! And you're right, there will probably be subtle locomotor and behavioral changes (it probably did cause some brain damage, though mild), but it looks like he's still very sweet! I imagine he'll get stronger every day, especially with a mommy like you to care for him!

Oh, and I nominate this for RPOM (for the tongue and the context!):
aug23Zeushome4.jpg

That is hilarious Momrat!!!

We had a lovely evening and night. I decided to let Zeus stay out with me on the bed last night after being alone for so long. He had a fantastic time! Me...not so much. He kept me awake for most of it...I am brewing mass amounts of coffee right now. :laugh4:

He just had both his meds, and his dex put into his 10 cc's of ringers lactate, and he once again did so well. He's now cuddled up in my lap as I stroke him, he and I are both very content :D

Such wonderful news!!! You complain, but I'm sure deep down you were happy to be kept awake all night! :giggle:

So nice to see good ends to two stories! They both look fantastic, Zeus happier than Linnea, but then again, that scar is breaking her good looks, who could blame her?

If that tongue photo hadn't already been nominated, I would have nominated it. So I third it, just for the heck of it! :wink2:

lol... me too... I was thinking RPOM when I saw that photo too!! I fourth it! :laugh4:

I'm so glad Zeus is doing so well and home again. This is such wonderful news!

Unepuce said:
Such wonderful news!!! You complain, but I'm sure deep down you were happy to be kept awake all night! :giggle:

You are right, I would've liked if he had cuddled down and slept, but he was soo happy, and just kept checking things out, coming back to tell me all about it, nipping my chin lightly (wakey wakey!), then off again. LOL

Back