You know you're a Canadian when...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when they end shows. Like Veronica Mars. *pouts* Prison Break needs to go though. I loved it but it's really getting silly now.

Polka Dot Door! Omg! Jeez now the theme song is in my head...and I didn't click the link.

My mother tells me I was obsessed with a TV show about a big white dog named Belle...I have no recollection of this cartoon but apparently I was just obsessed.

I vaguely remember a cartoon about a big, white fluffy dog named Belle. I don't remember much about it other than I think it was one of those Canada/Another Country co-productions -- probably France, in this case. :D

The only shows I try to watch on a regular basis are Supernatural, COPS, Law and Order, American Dad, the Simpsons and the Headlines segment on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. :nod:

OMG!! I loved that show Kevin... she was in the mountains and herded sheep or something but there were bad guys after her all the time.

I can remember bits and pieces of a lot of other shows from that time too.

There was one about a little prince that rode around on a meteor or something like that. There was a show, that no one else seems to remember but me, on TV Ontario called "Dear Aunt Agnes". I have no idea why I remember the show at all. :lol:
There were shows like Today's Special, Willo the Wisp, Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings and on and on.

Bronwyn said:
I hate it when they end shows. Like Veronica Mars. *pouts* Prison Break needs to go though. I loved it but it's really getting silly now.

Polka Dot Door! Omg! Jeez now the theme song is in my head...and I didn't click the link.

My mother tells me I was obsessed with a TV show about a big white dog named Belle...I have no recollection of this cartoon but apparently I was just obsessed.

Was it this show?
http://www.thechestnut.com/belle.htm

The metor one was the little prince, my bf still talks about that show and he's in his 30's :laugh4:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

Today's special and Simon can be seen on youtube, I watched some eps. the other day :thumbup:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query ... arch_type=
http://youtube.com/results?search_query ... arch_type=
and I've never saw Dear Aunt Agnes but I know it aired from 1987-89
http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshow ... unt-agnus/

does anyone remember these guys?
200708-16-124414-1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbapapa

You Can't Do That on Television - Opening Sequences (I remember only the last one)
[youtube:2q7ox5e2]nZLdv_q-wT8[/youtube:2q7ox5e2]

I found the theme to Dear Aunt Agnes once and I downloaded it - so I knew I wasn't crazy and that the show did exist! :D I love the Retrojunk site! :mrgreen:

I sooo remember the Barbapapas too. I loved them but only knew them from French books.

What about George the St-Bernard, anyone remember him?

Wow, the Black Fly song!!! Thanks so much, Kevin, for finding and posting that. I just love that song (the season will soon be upon us!) and haven't heard it for a few years.

Kevin - Oh wow I remember Today's Special...yet another little theme ditty in my head now. :p

Chicky - Maybe! I thought she said it was animated but I may be wrong! Gosh that's a beautiful dog. It doesn't conjure any memories though. Hey that must be what the band Belle and Sebastian are named after! 0.0

There was an animated Alice in Wonderland series...I believe Alice was a red head in that show, lol.

I watch too many shows. : x Well, Lisa and I opted not to get cable so I download them all and watch when I have free time.

Prison Break, Heroes, House, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, LOST, The Office (US), 30 Rock, CSI, Grey's Anatomy, and Desperate Housewives. Oh my. Clearly the writer's strike was good for me.

jorats said:
What about George the St-Bernard, anyone remember him?

I tried to find information about a show with a St. Bernard named George and I couldn't find anything.

This was the best I came up with...

[center:21ievuui]
83215.jpg
[/center:21ievuui]

While searching for George, I did remember another dog:

[center:21ievuui]
Wishbone_Robin_Hood.jpg
[/center:21ievuui]

Wishbone ... or in this case, Wishbone Robin Hood! :D
I think Wishbone might've been from the 90's.

Godmother said:
Wow, the Black Fly song!!! Thanks so much, Kevin, for finding and posting that. I just love that song (the season will soon be upon us!) and haven't heard it for a few years.

I love that song too! :nod:

Bronwyn said:
I watch too many shows. : x Well, Lisa and I opted not to get cable so I download them all and watch when I have free time.

Prison Break, Heroes, House, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, LOST, The Office (US), 30 Rock, CSI, Grey's Anatomy, and Desperate Housewives. Oh my. Clearly the writer's strike was good for me.

I don't watch anywhere near as much television as I used to when I was a young kid. I do buy a lot of old television shows on DVD. Some of the shows were before my time and others I was too young to get much out of when they originally aired.

I have "Leave it to Beaver", "Goodtimes", "Laverne and Shirley", "Happy Days", "What's Happening", "Dukes of Hazard", "Brady Bunch", "Third Rock from the Sun", "Scooby-Doo", "Flintstones", "Three's Company", "Gilligan's Island", "Simpsons", "Smallville", "Roswell", "Married with Children", "Reba" and others. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves television shows, lol! It does seem to be easier to buy them on DVD. Particularly with LOST. There's enough stress in my life, don't make me wait until next week to see what happens. :lol:

wishbone! I used to watch that all the time with my brother when we were younger lol that's great. I want to get the original Battlestar Galactica on dvd those were great, of course i only saw reruns lol, and all the star trek's on dvd too that'd be frackin superb

Bronwyn said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves television shows, lol! It does seem to be easier to buy them on DVD. Particularly with LOST. There's enough stress in my life, don't make me wait until next week to see what happens. :lol:

I totally agree Bron - we dont have cable either and are forced to buy/rent DVD seasons....which really lets me to be productive when i NEED TO BE and not waste my time infront of the tube which i would do. and do nothing. and watch nothing important lol

Exactly! :D :D The TV can't rule your life this way. And I have to mention the benefit of no commercials and being able to pause the show, lol.

Back