You know you're a Canadian when...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsayfawn

You know you're a Canadian when you're shoveling 2 feet of snow in sneakers with no socks, clam digger pants and a sweat shirt in the middle of April. (I just did this about 30 min ago lol got a burst of energy I guess)

100_2359.jpg

I had to shovel a path to the door it was just so slippery walking on that snow and especially where I'm moving out some boxes tomorrow for mom to take home. Hard to believe that it melted some 'cause the snow used to be up the door a little so you were walking on the snow/ice and then hop in side lol

gotta love our crazy weather

OMG! You know you're not just Canadian but a real true Crazy Canuck when you do that and then go to a rat site instead of a travel agent or a moving company. I don't have the right to call myself Canadian sitting in sunny Victoria here I think :oops: Go ahead, pelt me with snowballs! Hon, all I can do is have a beer for you!

Ooo, I always wanted to live in Victoria! I hear it rains a lot from some people and others claim it's nothing compared to Vancouver.

We still have snow piled despite the warm week but certainly nothing like that! Wow!

You know you're a Canadian when:
- your jacket pockets always contain lock de-icer, even in May!!
- you take a winter jacket on summer holidays "just in case"
- you quit wearing a jacket outside when the temperature goes above zero :D

Love the mental image of you in clamdiggers! Looks like your snow isn't melting. Ours was horrendous but it is actually melting. I can see the birdbath again! :joy:

As for you, Fidget, I have a big pile of snowballs waiting for you! :lol:

Fidget, have they had the flower count yet?
I bet Victoria is "bloom'in beautiful" right now! :redbud: :redbud: :redbud:

You know you're a Canadian when...
  • You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."[/*:m:27xm299m]
  • You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group.[/*:m:27xm299m]
  • You know that the last letter of the English alphabet is always pronounced "Zed".[/*:m:27xm299m]
  • You know that the four seasons mean: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road work.[/*:m:27xm299m]
  • You know that when it's 25 degrees outside, it's a warm day.[/*:m:27xm299m]
  • You know how to pronounce and spell "Saskatchewan".[/*:m:27xm299m]
  • You froze your tongue to something metal and survived to tell about it.[/*:m:27xm299m]

As a matter of fact Ben my mom just told me today that she had 6 tulips when she went out to grocery shop this morning, and returned home to just 1. She's in the city but they have some 'real land' next door. A deer came and ate 5 :laugh4:
That's all I know about our flower count.....

No doubt! Unless you get on your clam digger pants and a sweat shirt I expect it will stay that way too! :lol2:

all my hard work might not have paid off it's snowing here! lol geez didn't mother nature get the notice that it's supposed to be spring? ah New Brunswick it's like a woman on menopause, hot one moment and cold then next

Today in B.C. was awesome, almost hit 25 Celsius in our back yard! I was digging the garden
and I had to quit because the "heat" was getting to me!
Alas, tomorrow will be back down to 10 degree's and I'll be whining about how "cold" it is...

Back