You know you're a Canadian when...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KMG365 said:
I read somewhere that Mr. Rogers was supposed to be one of the nicest and most down-to-Earth celebrities. He made way too big a deal out of changing his shoes, though! :nod:

Mr. Rogers started his show in Canada and then moved it to the U.S. The trolley, the castle and other set pieces were created by designers at the CBC. Ernie Coombs (aka Mr. Dressup) was an understudy of Mr. Rogers.

From Wikipedia.
I stated the wrong one, Mr Dressup was the mom didn't like!

Oh thank goodness, I used to love Mr. Rogers.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor, won't you be mine? Oh won't you be mine?

Or something like that. :p LOL

Mr. Dressup and I have the same last name, lol! For some reason that intrigued me as a kid. I thought we were related, as a result. x]

I was more of a Sesame Street kid. Die hard fan!

At one point in my life, I was on the Mr. Dressup bandwagon - but that was long before those impostors, Chester and Truffles, showed up! Long live Casey and Finnegan! :D

Ok, I don't know if I dreamed this or if it was an actual episode, but I swear to gosh that I saw a very pervy episode of Mr Rogers that totally turned me off the show forever. It involved him being present at a childs doctor appointment. That is all I am going to say, but to this day I have never met someone who had also seen the episode, so I can't tell for certain that I was not hallucinating.

oh man.. that poutine pic looked tasty -drools-... the food not the dude... lol
yeeee~~ mr rogers.. i loved that show.. mostly cause of his "how its made" videos..lol.. but then i got older .. and just felt he seemed creepy...
GAWD I MISS 80'S TV!! :gaah: :cry3: lol..

I never really watched alot of Mr. Dressup or Mr. Rogers....

Im with Bron - I was a Sesame street Junkie. Except Snuffy pissed the crap out of me (i was an angry child! :giggle:)

Super grover still IS MY HERO to this very day

oh yea. if only i could go back to my childhood

I would SO be hanging with all the wonderful tv show characters i loved so much. *sigh* good ol days

I met Mr.Dressup when I was 5 or something, he came to Moncton. Was great!
I miss the 80's cartoons! Fraggle Rock is awesome! And people come on you're missing FRED PENNER hello! lol I love that guy! the whole walking through the woods with his guitar and going through the log. so great.
80-early 90's cartoons I miss
He-Man and Shera
Fluppy dogs
Astro boy
Gummie Bears
Tales Spin
Johnny Quest
Jem and the holograms
The wuzzeles
The snorks
Rainbow Bright
Thundercats

edit: oh I forgot to add this link for the cool site I found http://www.80scartoons.net/

Don't forget other great Canadian shows of that time like:

[center:x9nzcn07]The Littlest Hobo[/center:x9nzcn07]
[youtube:x9nzcn07]banXT6azA-4[/youtube:x9nzcn07]

[center:x9nzcn07]The Edison Twins[/center:x9nzcn07]
[youtube:x9nzcn07]3CMAK0N3U8k[/youtube:x9nzcn07]

[center:x9nzcn07]Danger Bay (didn't like the show, but loved the music)[/center:x9nzcn07]
[youtube:x9nzcn07]q-m5J10e2Rg[/youtube:x9nzcn07]

[center:x9nzcn07]Beachcombers (The theme anyway)[/center:x9nzcn07]
[youtube:x9nzcn07]FSBJz6V9Ve0[/youtube:x9nzcn07]

[center:x9nzcn07]The Friendly Giant[/center:x9nzcn07]
[youtube:x9nzcn07]lnxgiWGJv6Q[/youtube:x9nzcn07]

[center:x9nzcn07]...and of course, the Polka Dot Door[/center:x9nzcn07]
[youtube:x9nzcn07]pexVTVMkt8c[/youtube:x9nzcn07]

Other things I miss on Canadian television today...

[center:23iymie5]The Log Driver's Waltz[/center:23iymie5]
[youtube:23iymie5]0ekqsHP9Sck[/youtube:23iymie5]

[center:23iymie5]The Cat Came Back[/center:23iymie5]
[youtube:23iymie5]WNyqXsv4Ueo[/youtube:23iymie5]

[center:23iymie5]Black Flies[/center:23iymie5]
[youtube:23iymie5]kIMameR5aqo[/youtube:23iymie5]

[center:23iymie5]Cool CBC Television Sign-Off[/center:23iymie5]
[youtube:23iymie5]B0jhJA1Hjxk[/youtube:23iymie5]

[center:23iymie5]All the Hinterland Who's Whos[/center:23iymie5]
[youtube:23iymie5]H-aoWSpFor0[/youtube:23iymie5]

lol I forgot about littlest hobo. was so funny on corner gas when they did an ep like little hobo but it was called the little yarbo lol was great. *pouts* corner gas will be the least season next year.

If you're seeing white boxes, it may mean that you haven't given them enough time to load on your machine. Sometimes, they load up slower than other times. :D

lindsayfawn said:
lol I forgot about littlest hobo. was so funny on corner gas when they did an ep like little hobo but it was called the little yarbo lol was great. *pouts* corner gas will be the least season next year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - its only going to season 6?!

BRENT WHY?!!! he cant seriously do that to us.
i cant live without my corner gas. :sad3:

Back