You know you're a Canadian when...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cait said:
I can tell I am not a Canadian because I have no idea what clam digger shorts are. *wonders*

LMAO

I don't know what it is either, but I'm learning a lot about Canadians from the ratshack.

I've heard their also known as Capri's, clam diggers to us all born before 1970! Ouch!!

lol people still use all of those different names for clamdiggers. I just like the word calmdiggers 'cuase that's what people wear around here when they go clam digging in Fundy lol which I still have yet to do. Maybe this summer!

What is this "snow" of which you speak? :stickpoke:

I move to the southeast US because Ohio was too cold for me.

I like LaBatts tho'.

Godmother said:
I'm afraid to say this, because it will date me :giggle: , but they were called pedal pushers in the olden days!!

Ha ha I know what pedal pushers are! I also know what capris are too.

"You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."
You know that Casey and Finnegan were not part of a Celtic musical group." --Kevin

?_? I am so totally lost... what?

Is a serviette a plate? a poutine a danish or something and a chesterfield a... cat? :laugh4: I have no idea!!

lol willow bean :p
a serviette is a napkin
poutine is a french acadien thing it's french fries with cheese and gravy over it. sooooooooooooooooooo good
and a chesterfield is a sofa, a couch ya know the thing you sit on in your living room lol

you have just been a little canadianized :p lol

aaaaaaaand casey and finnegan were these cool puppets on the best kids show ever mr dressup... its soooo sad mr dressup passed away :cry3: ...

man.. i wish they would bring back those molson "my name is joe and i am canadian" commercials.. they rocked!! :thumbup:

but maple syrup is sooo good on blueberry pankakes... mmmm lol.. ah well.. aunt jamaima will do... :joy:
hey.. anyone remember "you cant do that on television?" ... didnt allanis morrisette play moose? that show rocked..

I think it was someone else who played Moose on "You Can't Do that on Television." I do remember the show. I believe it was filmed at the CJOH studios in Ottawa. :D

dubchick said:
aaaaaaaand casey and finnegan were these cool puppets on the best kids show ever mr dressup... its soooo sad mr dressup passed away :cry3: ...

man.. i wish they would bring back those molson "my name is joe and i am canadian" commercials.. they rocked!! :thumbup:

Mr. Dressup used to come to my highschool and do performances for little kids - Bri actually saw him when he was younger (obviously). Although as much as i love Casey and Finn - i have to say i DO LOVE CHESTER. there. i said it.
but not that stupid Truffles....weird puppet thing...*Shudder*

And Eric Neigler lives in my hometown - owns a guitar store and tells stories about my crazy dad to people i went to school with.

Casey and Finnegan...

Mr_Dressup1.jpg

and Poutine...

poutine4.jpg

...or (depending on who you believe)...

Vladimir Poutine :lol:

Poutine.jpg

Funny story about Mr Rogers... my mom saw him when she was younger and he refused to sign an autograph so Mom stopped respecting him. She says he just snubbed the group of kids when they asked for his autograph.

I read somewhere that Mr. Rogers was supposed to be one of the nicest and most down-to-Earth celebrities. He made way too big a deal out of changing his shoes, though! :nod:

Mr. Rogers started his show in Canada and then moved it to the U.S. The trolley, the castle and other set pieces were created by designers at the CBC. Ernie Coombs (aka Mr. Dressup) was an understudy of Mr. Rogers.

From Wikipedia.

Back