Welcoming Chester home - The big move in!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabotine will turn 15 months in June... a bit young to be that fat! :?

I like the name too - actually saw it on a dog at the SPCA (Cabotin) and loved it for a dog as cabot = dog in a slangish way. But since Cabotine was so crazy and full of energy when we adopted her, I figured she deserved the name (cabotin = playful). You can actually see what Smallvic posted about her last year:

smallvic said:
So I met the girlies yesterday and they are lovely. Two are shy and need socialization (those ones are for you, Unepuce!) and there are a mom and daughter duo - the wee one hangs off the walls

The wee one she refers to is Cabotine at the time :giggle:

I ended up adopting one of the shy ones (Lili, my sweet cuddly but bully alpha), Carole from the SPCA adopted her sister as she seemed to have respiratory issues (I had just lost 3 girls in a 2-week span and was a bit fragile still). I also took in Cabotine and her mom, but Maman had a PT that took her downhill at the speed of light and I had to have her PTSed 5 days later... :sad3:

I had a big boy Boo,he was born with no eyes), vet kept calling him pancake and she did a postmortem when he died and he had a congenital heart defect and was actually retaining water. This was Boo

myboobear.jpg

:threadjacked: Sorry!

Do you know if there is a way to have this checked out? She down right scares me now - she was 625 g last weigh in on Saturday - up 30 grams from last week!!!

I'm not sure but I wonder if meds can be given for water retention? I know they have some for humans. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

Not scared. I am worried about a few of my babies right now. I see one bigger eye on most of them and try to rule everything out before panicking and screaming PT. I know Cabotine has a problem and I'm glad you mentioned Boo since she very well might have that same issue... at least, I have something to investigate!

Chester is doing GREAT! Did you know he likes to run the wheel? :joy: He is too funny: he's scared? Jumps in the wheel. He's happy? Jumps in the wheel. He's excited? Jumps in the wheel! This morning, I even caught him chillin' in the wheel. Sometimes, he'll run from the bottom of the double CN to the top and back just so he can run both wheels! :giggle: Needless to say, he's a very healthy little boy!

His best play buddy still is Cookie. She has the same level of energy as he and they playfight all the time. His best boy buddy is of course Pollux, since Mac never really accepted him. Lately, I catch him sleeping in the Circus with Pollux and Biscotte. But sometimes, he'll lie down with alpha Lili, and with Cabotine as well. From my perspective, he :heart: his ratty family. It's hard to take him out of the cage, and even harder to stop him from jumping back in when we bring him back!

I will post pictures later as they all are in my camera, and I am on the laptop right now, so no access to my other pictures. But you can certainly rest easy - he is not a unhappy rat. I know his fun ways make ME happy ! :D

aw, great to hear! ..I tried him with a wheel here but he was only getting settle when he had to leave again!

Back