Welcoming Chester home - The big move in!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recognize that hammock! It's an MMK Hammock :joy:

I know because I have a shredded owl print cube at home :lol:

Congrats, Unpeuce, to you and Chester and may he live a long healthy life :heart:

Serenity said:
I recognize that hammock! It's an MMK Hammock :joy:

I know because I have a shredded owl print cube at home :lol:

You got 'er! I saved it for someone special, and then came along Chester :heart:

Just a quick update because it's a very busy week and my bedtime is long past: Chester and Cookie are back home and happy - I took a few pictures, but couldn't upload them. Cookie looks like a leper... but you can already tell it's gonna be allright. I blocked the CN and put her and her sister on the lower part, just to avoid having the others get to her stitches. Hopefully Cocotte will be a good girl, and I will be able to put everyone back together sooner than later. The girls were so happy to have playtime with the others...

And about Chester - while I was discussing with the tech and getting ready to pay the almost $700 bill :oops: Chester was lying on my shoulder, just next to my neck and he started bruxing and boggling. :heart: That's my boy! Have I ever mentionned we were made to be together??? :heart:

Yeeee! They're home!!! I missed my babies so much...

Unepuce said:
And about Chester - while I was discussing with the tech and getting ready to pay the almost $700 bill :oops: Chester was lying on my shoulder, just next to my neck and he started bruxing and boggling. :heart: That's my boy! Have I ever mentionned we were made to be together??? :heart:

That... made me tear up so badly. I truly don't believe anyone can understand how sweet and affectionate this little Chester is. He's tiny, but has the biggest heart I have ever seen in a rat. And to hear all these sweet things he is doing with you, makes my heart flutter, gives me butterflies. You are his heart hooman... you are his rock! To hear that he's burxing and boggling the moment you got him from the vet shows that. I am so freaking happy he's out, and safe and on his way to recovery! I've been waiting all day for this.

Unepuce, seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing all this for Chester!! Enjoy your time with the ladies buddy!! And best wishes to your Cookie that she has an easy recovery, she is some lucky to have you. Very happy to hear your babies are doing well.

That reminds me... pictures tomorrow, I promise!

You are so right - he IS a sweet little angel!!!

Last night, I put everyone else on the couch for out time - for obvious reasons I couldn't throw Chester in the mix. So I took him with me to bed so I could also get to spend some time with him - and when BF was done with work and came to bed, he found me asleep, with Chester sleeping right by my pillow. I always fantasized about having a rat that would stay still and close to me when lying down, and he is it! :heart:

He definitely is a little dream boy that deserves all the :tumkiss: he can get! Getting him was a lot of hassle and a lot of money, but my instincts were right - he is worth every single worry and penny, even worth that storm caused by the fundraising that got me so upset and led to a thread being locked.

Ollie, I too am falling in love with my new dumbo himi! :lotsohearts:

awww Chester!

You were so meant to be together! :heart:
He will be a hit with the ladies for sure!

Donna, you are so right ..Chester may be small but he has the biggest heart iv ever seen in rat :thud:

Unepuce said:
Last night, I put everyone else on the couch for out time - for obvious reasons I couldn't throw Chester in the mix. So I took him with me to bed so I could also get to spend some time with him - and when BF was done with work and came to bed, he found me asleep, with Chester sleeping right by my pillow. I always fantasized about having a rat that would stay still and close to me when lying down, and he is it! :heart:

Just spoke to BF... and he clarified something that almost made me cry. Chester was not sleeping right by my pillow. He was ON my pillow, right next to my head!!! No more falling in love - I fell, and I fell real hard!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

:thud:

He slept with my self and the BF at the Hotel too!:heart: ..he is everyones DREAM rat!

He never slept with me! Anytime I had him out, he was go go go bouncing and playing lol Although in my home, you don't sleep with rats, as there is a cat and a Pibble in the bed too... sometimes a toddler!

How sweet that he loves you so much and feels so safe and secure with his Momma.

Your wish is my command - but I don't have much to show! Work has been driving me nuts this weeks, plus all of my evenings were busy with vet and BD dinner (not my BD) and yesterday, BF and I decided to treat ourselves and eat outside to celebrate the end of this crazy week (since I worked late, we ended up in the restaurant just before 9:00 pm...)

Here's one of Chester after his neuter, on Wednesday night, when he was finally back home. I can't wait for the 3-week wait to be over and have him introduced to my girls. Happy to see that Biscotte still is the one showing most interest! :thumbup:

Monday, I will be starting the intros with the boys. Mac's tumour has started bleeding again, so I don't know how he will react to meeting a new guy, and I sure hope Pollux will not be too much of a bully!

Please note my crew is fast asleep now, but when they awake later, I shall fill my memory card with pictures of Chester for your own pleasure! :nod:

And will update on Cookie in her own thread

Finally was able to shoot a few pictures! I got a good scare tonight - Chester seemed off and scared and was refusing to leave his house/cube. I got him on the couch and he would just hide. I finally brought him back home and got my crew to playtime instead, and they too seemed a little off, even though there was way more running around. I don't know what's in the air tonight...

But once I brought everybody back to the CN, spot cleaned the guinea pigs cage and sat down on the computer, Chester got more curious, so I gave him my smelly hand to sniff. New Chester! He was back to his happy self, got out of the cage to explore and popcorned when I was tickling him. I could then get a few shots and hold to my promise!

On the couch, when he would just be hiding

In his cube, still not ready to socialize

Starting to warm up... (excuse the mess on my desk, cleaning it up tomorrow!)

Intrigued by the CN

Being a rat

Showing off his missing parts :giggle:

So great to hear he did well with his neuter! I have some pics of him I'll have to share. He did a little driving himself lol I have them up on facebook. He was a good traveler and slept the whole way lol Such a cute boy.

Started introing Chester to the boys tonight. My boys are aging by the day - yesterday evening, I was convinced I was going to the vet tonight to have Mac PTS and this morning he was just fine, now tonight, after the intro, it's Pollux who's down and exhausted. But the intro itself went like a breeze. As a first time, I used the scary bathtube (and with a noisy fan in the bathroom, it really is a scary place!). It was funny to see Chester run around and smell everyone, while Mac was frozen in place and Pollux was walking all over the place, trying to get rid of that white furry thing that was stacking him :giggle: Chester looked way more at ease than the older boys! I got some puffy hair from both elderly boys and the intro was cut after about 40 minutes when Pollux had enough and was getting a bit aggressive. Chester had become solitary and independant after his neutered, but since the intro, he just cannot have enough of me. I have my little love bug back! :heart:

And now, straight to picture time, as I need to get to bed.

Being cute on my messy desk before I cleaned it on Saturday

Would you say he wants friends?

In Picolo's cozygloo :sad3:

Intro - sneaking under Mac

Intro - sneaking under Pollux

Actually, for this last picture, Chester sneaked under Pollux and Pollux moved a little further over him - they stood quiet for a good 3 minutes. Is that a dominance stand from Pollux?

Unepuce said:
Started introing Chester to the boys tonight. My boys are aging by the day - yesterday evening, I was convinced I was going to the vet tonight to have Mac PTS and this morning he was just fine, now tonight, after the intro, it's Pollux who's down and exhausted. But the intro itself went like a breeze. As a first time, I used the scary bathtube (and with a noisy fan in the bathroom, it really is a scary place!). It was funny to see Chester run around and smell everyone, while Mac was frozen in place and Pollux was walking all over the place, trying to get rid of that white furry thing that was stacking him :giggle: Chester looked way more at ease than the older boys! I got some puffy hair from both elderly boys and the intro was cut after about 40 minutes when Pollux had enough and was getting a bit aggressive. Chester had become solitary and independant after his neutered, but since the intro, he just cannot have enough of me. I have my little love bug back! :heart:

And now, straight to picture time, as I need to get to bed.

Being cute on my messy desk before I cleaned it on Saturday

Would you say he wants friends?

In Picolo's cozygloo :sad3:

Intro - sneaking under Mac

Intro - sneaking under Pollux

Actually, for this last picture, Chester sneaked under Pollux and Pollux moved a little further over him - they stood quiet for a good 3 minutes. Is that a dominance stand from Pollux?

Looks more like an acceptance to me :) He did that with Lenir too. No one else would shelter him! lol Glad to see he's doing so well. Poor duders with no bits! lol He's in good hands :)

Chester just loves everyone doesnt he? Like meeting another rat is Christmas Day to him lol

I LOVE that last picture of Chester and Pollux, although after seeing Pollux in real life, the pictures do not do him justice. he has the most amazing orange/blue variegated coat that I have never seen elsewhere. Chester must be so exited at the prospect of friends.

Back