Welcoming Chester home - The big move in!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unepuce

All right! Brand new thread for the final round!

Just heard about Lindsay, she should be at our meeting a bit early - in 3 hours! I really have to speed up now! Afraid I won't have time to find that red carpet Godmother suggested in another thread...

So much to do and so little time left! I have to stop looking at the Shack and get some work done - after all, I'm not at work today ! :laugh4:

CHESTER IS COMING HOME !!!

Chester is home!!!

Finally! To meet Lindsay, Google said it took 28 minutes... made just a little over that to go - but 2 HOURS TO GET BACK!!! Roadwork and rush hour are hell!!!!

But I have to admit - I was OK with the heavy traffic. I left the crate door opened and kept petting him. Then, when things really slowed down by the bridge, I took him out and put him on my lap... he slept all the time. Rode partly on my lap, partly on my shoulder - took him to St-Hubert (on my shoulder, hidden under my coat) to get some take out for me and the BF (it was 7:15 pm when I finally got there!) and Chester didn't particularly appreciate as he greeted me with some fear poop when we were back in the car.

Donna - Thank you for the hammock! It is so cute... little owls for sweet dreams. Thank you for your note too... and sorry to disappoint you, but he will be spoiled rotten! :lol:

He explored his cage, enjoyed the cube! :thumbup: to xxchelle! I put one of your pouches in his cube with him, Donna. He didn't touch it yet, but everything is so new!

He is so small... so cute! He really is a dream boy! But man I forgot how strongly intact males could smell - Donna, I can easily see why you wanted to wash his Teddy Bear!

Mac seems to enjoy visiting the cage - I haven't seen him move that much since his tumour started bugging him! Funny thing is, he keeps lying on the fleece that was in Chester's crate, even bruxed and boogled there. Is that fear or content? He does not look afraid of Chester the least bit, I can tell you that!

I do not have many pictures yet as we just got here and ate, but here is what I can show for now! I'll take him out a bit later and take more pictures!

His cage - a little bare, but it's a temp cage. And I did put the red carpet, Godmother -thank you Donna! :wink2:

Chester enjoying his cube - looks like this is his safe haven

Chester smelling the ground where Mac was standing a few seconds before

I just :heart: him already!!!!

mamarat said:
Such amazing people. :bow:

I don't know what else to say to express how amazed I am by these people! And it was so nice to meet Lindsay and Ang!

Now Chester's big challenges will be losing his manlyhood, meeting the boys, then the girls, and learning French ! :laugh4:

He already started warming up to me. He will let me pet him without fleeing, even come see me on his own. He knows my voice and smell and apparently, I am a good thing - Yeah!!!! :dance: And I've got proof!

Is it just me or :thud:

I think its the other way around! He slept in the carrier with teddy, teddy was horrid. Teddy made him smelly. I didn't want to stress him out with a bath at my Moms (she has 3 cats and 3 dogs). I assure you he smells wonderful, at least to my nose haha

Either that, or male rats do have a scent to them I can't smell since I have no females or neutered males lol

I am so happy he's there! I have been telling him about his Mama, so maybe he understands he's finally home? I can honestly say it took me a week to get him to meet me at the cage, and you got it within hours... you're totally his :heart: owner! I miss him so much, I'm looking at an empty disassembled cage here :( My little guy helped me decorate the bag your gift was in by the way! We've been saving that hammock for someone special, and I knew it was Chester as soon as I heard you wanted to adopt him :heart:

PitLuvs said:
I think its the other way around! He slept in the carrier with teddy, teddy was horrid. Teddy made him smelly. I didn't want to stress him out with a bath at my Moms (she has 3 cats and 3 dogs). I assure you he smells wonderful, at least to my nose haha

Either that, or male rats do have a scent to them I can't smell since I have no females or neutered males lol

I am so happy he's there! I have been telling him about his Mama, so maybe he understands he's finally home? I can honestly say it took me a week to get him to meet me at the cage, and you got it within hours... you're totally his :heart: owner! I miss him so much, I'm looking at an empty disassembled cage here :( My little guy helped me decorate the bag your gift was in by the way! We've been saving that hammock for someone special, and I knew it was Chester as soon as I heard you wanted to adopt him :heart:

Don't feel bad Ollie, you have kids, cat (?) and a dog, that's a scary environment for a little fellow! He needed to adjust is all. Here, no loud noise, no predator smells, just other rats and guinea pigs. And I did get some fear pooping in my coat last night after our visit to St-Hubert! And very odorant at that, I just couldn't wait to get home! :sick2:

Regarding his smell, he does have a nice smell to him - when he is not covered in fear poop I mean! :giggle: The fleece that you sent along with with him though - that's a different story! It is soaked in urine but I left it in the cage with him last night anyway so he would have his safe place - and he did sleep underneath it all night. I am planning on washing it this morning - hope it will not be taking too much safety away from him, though.

And I found him a furry friend until his own teddy gets back. An IKEA rat I have here that looks just like Pollux. Haven't seen Chester snuggling with it like he did with Renee's teddy bear, but he might when I take the fleece out of the cage.

I just have to post pictures of the hammock and the bag that it came in. They are so precious! You can tell your little guy he did a great job! :thumbup: I will be be putting up the hammock in Chester's cage next week for sure and post pictures of him enjoying it! And I will not wash it so he can smell it is a gift from you :heart:

Chester is a great rat. And my Biscotte wouldn't go back in the CN last night after getting on my shoulder and trying hard to go a meet that handsome and sexy little guy. Can't wait to see if I was right and if those two will be hitting it off - it was so heart melting to see Chatouille and Picolo together, I would love to have another ratty love story in my home :heart:

Back