Weight Loss Support Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ChrisK said:
jorats said:
Forks Over Knives literally pushed me from being a vegetarian to being veganish.

Congratulations! This is really awesome!

I also made the leap to vegan last year, after about 4 years of begin vegetarian. For me it was in September, after a discussion I had with a volunteer during a visit to Farm Sanctuary in New York that did it. And I'm very happy with going vegan overall. For me, though, it's a process, and one of the things I still do consume is various forms of sugar, so I still have a sugar addiction at this point. But I hope to get a grip on that this year, and maybe lose those last 10 pounds in the process.... before it becomes the last 15 pounds! haha!
Oh yes, sugar does have a hold on me too...that's why I was extremely overjoyed to find out that Redpath does not use bone char to refine their sugars. Alas, this does not help the weight loss. But I must say, any cravings are no longer that strong. Just don't put it in front of me unsupervised. lol

I've kept off the weight I lost over two years ago, but I'm on a plateau. I lose three, gain it back etc. the good news is that I am much healthier, getting more exercise and eating more nutritious food and almost no junk. My last frontier is getting enough sleep and getting less over busy.

I guess we are all works in progress!

Back