Weight Loss Support Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filled my fridge with healthy foods today and cudboards too. Ate one final All You Can Eat Sushi and we're off!

jorats said:
Today is the first day that I've eaten low calorie but yet felt fulfilled and happy.
It also helps that I've lost 5.5 lbs already.

Wow, good for you! Between all the exercise with the dogs, and the changes in food, you are going to have a lot of success.

I have found the joys of sauteed veggies! Makes a great snack cause it fills you up and the only thing you really need to worry about is the bit of margarine . Lately I have been frying up beansprouts, cilantro and onions or mushrooms. plus some garlic and possibly hot sauce :D It is amazing, so filling but only a few calories hehe I feel like I am cheating the system.

Cinderwolf said:
I have found the joys of sauteed veggies! Makes a great snack cause it fills you up and the only thing you really need to worry about is the bit of margarine . Lately I have been frying up beansprouts, cilantro and onions or mushrooms. plus some garlic and possibly hot sauce :D It is amazing, so filling but only a few calories hehe I feel like I am cheating the system.
Oh this reminds me of when my son sautéed asparagus. I'll have to ask him how he made them, they were delicious and just a touch of butter.

Speaking of veges... my favorite way to make them is roasted.

This can be done by chopping them up, putting them into a bowl, tossing them with a tiny bit of oil, salt and pepper, and then just put 'em in the oven until done. OR leave out the oil, salt and pepper. Roasting really brings out the flavors, and I don't find they need anything added at all..

ChrisK said:
Speaking of veges... my favorite way to make them is roasted.

This can be done by chopping them up, putting them into a bowl, tossing them with a tiny bit of oil, salt and pepper, and then just put 'em in the oven until done. OR leave out the oil, salt and pepper. Roasting really brings out the flavors, and I don't find they need anything added at all..
Im not a fan of roasted .. well anything haha, but give me something pan seared YUM lol

Jee today I ate half a doughnut and a cake pop from star bucks . Anddd going out for dinner tonight o .o gonna just a get a salad lol, easy on the diet AND the wallet :D since I am still in my debit ban : ( only thing I have spent is school supplies so far and a bagel lol )

ohh boy, yesterday and this morning was baddd haha. Last night for dinner I shared an order of tatziki and pita and had an order of calamari, which could feed a family of 4. Ate half of that then took the rest home and ate half of it for breakfast,t he rest is going in the trash anddd today I am getting back on track

I really thought Saturday was going to hard for me. In the past it was always the weekends that set me off. Trying to make the best of two days off meant eating anything that was delicious. But yesterday was fairly easy. I stayed on track in fact, I ate less than usual. I'm quite proud of myself.

My body agreed that friday/sat was bad cause now I am nauseous and my body is just getting rid of all that junk. looking like chicken soup and crackers for me today...

How do you drop weight fast? Get the Norovirus. Anyone wants it, come and see me. I can help. lol
I know I'll be back on track once I can eat again... a slight delight in all this discomfort.

Yesterday was ok - got a bunch of chores done before tackling breakfast, then took a long walk and worked outside much of the afternoon. Flubbed a little on an early dinner, but all the cold outdoor air made me extra hungry. Went for a nice run later in the evening, felt good.

Today is going well. I'm trying to remember that healthy snacks are my friend. I'll be having 2 hard boiled eggs around 4ish, to prevent me from eating everything in sight the second I get home from work. Also in prep for this evening's run.

I'm amazed at myself... for the first time in a long time, I did not drink any coke cola in 2 days! I'm a coke junkie. lol I really didn't think I would cut it out of my diet. I don't plan on stopping it completely, I think it would be foolish of me to think I could do that and probably end up making me binge.
I have 7 more lbs to go for my goal weight. My ideal weight is probably 5 lbs after that but I'm not going to make it a goal, I'll get there naturally by being healthy.

Okay I have been way off track for a few days. ( read that as all week) So I am gonna restart in a way, back to drinking water and no more snackinggg. I have employed 2 new strategies for keeping me going. First is the jar of marbles in the fridge/pantry. Take one when I feel like snacking out of boredom instead of eating. Second is a ay to track my progress in a way I can see. I found the idea on the internet and fell in love with it. Anyways, I took 2 jars, On one I wrote " Pounds to lose" The other I wrote " Pounds Lost" And I put in the pounds to lose jar the number of pounds I have to lose before m ultimate goal weight ( 90 pounds) in marbles. So now I have a jar of marbles, and when I lose a pound I get to put a marble from the pounds to go jar into the pounds lost jar :D

I'm still doing pretty good. I had a slight set back last weekend but it wasn't that big a deal. As of today, I've lost 9 lbs since January 3rd. I feel so good. My headaches are gone, I sleep better, I'm more regular. ( if you know what I mean). I believe this is all due to the junk I was eating before and eating far too much at one sitting.
I've decided not to be strict on my diet, but instead to feed my body what it needs. I no longer keep any junk in the house. Even my coke, it sits in the fridge. Those soda pop packs a lot of calories.

:joy: Jo!

I'm about to leave modern civilization for 3 weeks so I will have no choice but to eat the healthy food that is provided to me. I'm hoping when I come back I come back with better eating habits.

So far I've lost 8 lbs :joy: But am having a tough time with it today because I am just not satisfied with dinner mostly. I feel like I need to bite into something of substance, and those healthy veges just ain't cutting it! But I'm hanging in there for now. We're going to be out of town for a week soon, and that's going to be challenging, so that's my motivation to hang in there today.... just gotta keep going one day at a time...

Back