Twiggy - Not a Tumor?? Scab's Off..Icky Pic Time

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably just not used to seeing live, functional flesh or whatever. Might be a tiny fat deposit under the fascia of the muscle - actually that makes sense, I've seen those sometimes when preparing chicken breasts - it looks basically the same too.

I don't have any suggestions regarding things to do, besides doing what you're doing in letting him run around. :) I think I've used Fucidine before (if I'm thinking of the prescription-strength stuff that humans get) - probably had it for the cellulitis, and boy did it work wonders. I bet Twiggy's overjoyed to not have that huge lump to drag around!

Keep on trucking, Twiggy! (I LOVE his name, can you tell? lol)

Yeek! A bit disturbing to see a poor rattie with an extra hole in his head. :cuddle:

My mom always sworn by regular flushing and open-air healing for my numerous infected scrapes and cuts when I was a child. They always healed up fine, but developed really nasty looking scars. I'm a bit curious to know how Twiggy's hole is going to heal up (it'll knit on its own, right?), and if the scar tissue would have any detrimental effects.

Sending your little man healing thoughts!

Yay, Twiggy is looking much less swollen...granted it's going to look a little more angry and raw, but I bet you it's a million times healthier right now

When my boy, Orca, had a nasty abscess develop, we flushed the site with a diluted Chlorahexidine scrub solution.

Beta-dine can be helpful, as well, in drawing out any ickies (sometimes the abscess material can go pretty deep)

Twiggy is very happy that I only flush him once, twice a day to flush out any liquid pus pooling at the bottom. After his treatment, he gets a little Ensure and then gets to RUN (right now he is in my cupboard knocking down stacked empty boxes happily :laugh4: )

mar20Twiggy.jpg

mar10Twiggyclose.jpg

It looks less angry to me today :thumbup:

Wow, that looks so much better in just one day! His face looks so much less swollen too. He must be feeling better now that his body doesn't have to deal with all that pus.

Back