The story of Goliath, March 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Goliath can sense how much love and concern there is for him, and the great life that awaits him and it gives him hope & strength.
I wish that girl would get back to you, I wish she knew how many people are sitting on tenterhooks over that little guy...

MumsyRat said:
I hate to say it but considering how long the little guy has been suffering it would take a miracle to save him. I think the best path for him is to have him put mercifully to sleep. If Jessy goes to pick him up that's what I would tell her to do.

I've pm'd the girl on GooseMooose. Hopefully one of us would hear from her soon.

She told me he isn't as bad as he was in the video, but he still needs help.

I have everything waiting here for him, and if he needs to be pts then he will be.

meghan said:
My husband said that if you he hasn't been picked up by Sunday, he will come with me to get him and bring him to you.
On Sunday I will be up on Airport Road (past Mono Mills/near Orangeville) leaving here from 11 am til that evening (Mom's birthday)

Would that be closer overall for you? My sister would drive me home from there with him.

lilspaz68 said:
On Sunday I will be up on Airport Road (past Mono Mills/near Orangeville) leaving here from 11 am til that evening (Mom's birthday)

Would that be closer overall for you? My sister would drive me home from there with him.

Wouldn't Brampton be on your way to airport rd? If you took Hurontario/Hwy 10 to Mayfield rd it takes you right to airport/mono mills and shouldn't be too far out of your way either....

just a thought...
My knowledge of Brampton isnt that extensive, Im just Origionally from Orangeville

Cityratt said:
lilspaz68 said:

Wouldn't Brampton be on your way to airport rd? If you took Hurontario/Hwy 10 to Mayfield rd it takes you right to airport/mono mills and shouldn't be too far out of your way either....

just a thought...
My knowledge of Brampton isnt that extensive, Im just Origionally from Orangeville

I have to meet my sister at Warden station so we come at my sisters the other way unfortunately. :(

oh :( that kinda sucks (not having to see your family!) it just figures that things wouldnt work out that nicely....

Cityratt said:
oh :( that kinda sucks (not having to see your family!) it just figures that things wouldnt work out that nicely....

If I could cancel I would.

I think at this point, I am going to have to see what pans out, what IF the girl never emails me again? :cry: If I do hear from her and Sunday could work, I will get the "flu" the day of...my mom will be bitterly disappointed but I will have to figure something out to see her soon. She would understand utterly and she thinks the rest of my family would too, and would tell them if I told her. Want a secret told, tell my Mom :heart:

MumsyRat said:
I hate to say it but considering how long the little guy has been suffering it would take a miracle to save him. I think the best path for him is to have him put mercifully to sleep. If Jessy goes to pick him up that's what I would tell her to do.

I've pm'd the girl on GooseMooose. Hopefully one of us would hear from her soon.

I would think that if he is doing a little bit better at this point its ALWAYS worth a try to medicate to see if he will respond to meds.

You never know unless you try, I would hope all of us here would be willing to medicate our rats. The little man needs medicine, not a miracle, Mumsy. Medicine is available.

Regardless of the outcome, that little boyo needs a chance to either fail or to thrive. That's all any animal deserves. He's made it this long with some right shoddy care, I can only hope for the best in the best of hands. He still deserves a shot.

Oh I was so hoping when I came on this morning Goliath would be in one of the rat shacks loving hands.....still no word from the girl who has him?

javakittie said:
Regardless of the outcome, that little boyo needs a chance to either fail or to thrive. That's all any animal deserves. He's made it this long with some right shoddy care, I can only hope for the best in the best of hands. He still deserves a shot.

Beautifully said Javakittie! :heart:

I think the worst part of this whole affair is the fact that this poor girl's mother appears to be more than willing to let the little man suffer. Her stance is probably one of the more blatant forms of indirect abuse and neglect that I have yet seen. (the other was that woman who owned Summer and Co. but that was, in my mind, direct abuse and neglect.)

It isn't a question of whether or not Goliath is going to "make it"; it is a question of the willingness at inhumane treatment that is really upsetting!

I hope to God Goliath makes it to Shelagh today. I am still willing to make the drive to get him. I have managed to fare well driving in bad weather. I want that boy with Shelagh!!! CASE CLOSED! :mad:

On another note; It would make me really happy if we could officially name the little rat man. I once saw a episode of "Little House on the Prairie" where Laura and Almanzo did not name their baby. That baby died. (laugh it up... I still DO LIKE Little House on the Prairie!!!! :laugh4:).

I am not superstitious but I really feel that this little guy needs his name if he is going to have a shot. :love6:

Please keep us posted on the events here. If needed, I will make the drive and get that little man out of there.

Hugs,

Has anyone heard back from this girl?? I have a rental car now and can go tomorrow and pick up the little guy and bring him to Shelagh or to you Jennifer if you are in the GTA. I won't be able to leave until the afternoon - I have some people coming over to adopt a couple of the Tiki-Welland girls so I can't leave until after that.

MumsyRat said:
Has anyone heard back from this girl?? I have a rental car now and can go tomorrow and pick up the little guy and bring him to Shelagh or to you Jennifer if you are in the GTA. I won't be able to leave until the afternoon - I have some people coming over to adopt a couple of the Tiki-Welland girls so I can't leave until after that.

You're a peach Mumsyrat... but if I'm the Jennifer you mean... I would not want you taking a drive to Northern Virginia in a rental car (they tend to be anal about taking cars over borders... :roll:)

I just heard!! Meghan has offered to do the run tomorrow and I just emailed her the address :thumbup: Then I came here and saw Elizabeth's offer...

Which would be best?

lilspaz68 said:
I just heard!! Meghan has offered to do the run tomorrow and I just emailed her the address :thumbup: Then I came here and saw Elizabeth's offer...

Which would be best?

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would venture to say... whoever can do the run earlier!!!!!

The little rat man!!!!!:love6: :love6: :love6: :love6: :bananas:

so you heard from her?!

just my two cents on the entire transport issue:
Obviously transport today would let this little soul receive medication ASAP which he desprately needs. Obviously we are in the middle of a snow storm which could present a driving challenege. And eventhough the driver may be comfortable driving in snowy conditions there are always alot of idiots out there. That would be my major concern - the main fact that IF something happened (for instance, an accident while en route to toronto with Goliath) would he be healthy enough to wait it out? I dont want to imply that he isnt worth the risk, if i were more cofortable with my vehicle I would do the same (recently purchased, first time standard transmission driver...). I would just hate to see anyone get hurt on the roads today.

Waiting until tomorrow lends hope that the roads would be cleared and safer, but I cant say the same for Goliaths condition.

Personally, and i guess im not even really intitled to voicing my personal opinion because im not involved in direct transport at this point, but I would REALLY like to see this little fella in safe hands...

Haha. Sorry jennifervb - my brain left out the word "with" when I read I want that rat WITH Shelagh! Of course if you are willing to wait until October I am actually going to be driving to Virginia! (I'm going to the NASCAR race in Martinsville.) Want me to drop him off then?? :p

Cityratt said:
so you heard from her?!

just my two cents on the entire transport issue:
Obviously transport today would let this little soul receive medication ASAP which he desprately needs. Obviously we are in the middle of a snow storm which could present a driving challenege. And eventhough the driver may be comfortable driving in snowy conditions there are always alot of idiots out there. That would be my major concern - the main fact that IF something happened (for instance, an accident while en route to toronto with Goliath) would he be healthy enough to wait it out? I dont want to imply that he isnt worth the risk, if i were more cofortable with my vehicle I would do the same (recently purchased, first time standard transmission driver...). I would just hate to see anyone get hurt on the roads today.

Waiting until tomorrow lends hope that the roads would be cleared and safer, but I cant say the same for Goliaths condition.

Personally, and i guess im not even really intitled to voicing my personal opinion because im not involved in direct transport at this point, but I would REALLY like to see this little fella in safe hands...

You have every right to voice your personal opinion! You bring up very good and logical points which we all need to consider. Needless to say; the risk will be run to save this little man. What is important is that your views and concerns will be remembered by those doing the driving.

No no Cityratt... your views, and the attention they are receiving, could, very well, be what keeps the driver from making a mistake. :wink: :)

Back