The story of Goliath, March 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're currently trying to set up the transport tonight in light of the storm coming into Toronto. We're still waiting on the owner to see if it's possible for them.

Shelagh's net access is down at work today, so I'm trying to manage it all for her until she's able to get home.

Yes, you deffinately have to take that storm into account. It's looking like it's going to be pretty bad and it's started already.

Normally I could offer to pick up the little tyke but the car troubles I had on the trip to Welland haven't been resolved yet so I'm stuck. As it is I'm not even sure I'll make it home tonight - I've spent the whole day mentally preparing myself to be stuck on the side of the road instead of making it home today.

Good luck to everyone trying to help this little guy....If I was closer I would help, but I am thinking of you all and wishing you all the best.

Yeah, its already snowing a lot here.

I'm still going to try though.
(yes i said i have to get off, but ive got an internet addiction problem!)

its not snowing that badly in Guelph - which is kinda in-line with Brampton on a east-west axis kinda - so hopefully the going isnt that rough....

MumsyRat said:
Yes, you deffinately have to take that storm into account. It's looking like it's going to be pretty bad and it's started already.

Normally I could offer to pick up the little tyke but the car troubles I had on the trip to Welland haven't been resolved yet so I'm stuck. As it is I'm not even sure I'll make it home tonight - I've spent the whole day mentally preparing myself to be stuck on the side of the road instead of making it home today.

Oh good luck getting home Elizabeth!!! I wish you Healthy Car Vibes!!!

Finally fixed the internet access at work and its time to go home and contiue waiting for Brittni to email. Sigh.

I have decided baby boy should be named Goliath...a strong warrior. Javakittie has threatened to call him Golly :roll:

Rat People are the most generous and kind-hearted, and more willing to go that extra mile than anyone I know. You ALL rock!
:grouphug:

As I said to Shelagh in my last e-mail, its still snowing pretty steady here. I just picked up my husband from work and hes not thrilled with me driving all that way in this white crap.

He is a bit more cautious than some. Hes a paramedic for the city here so he has seen what happens in storms like these. Not that he thinks I'm a bad driver, its more so other drivers.

I'm still trying to work on him, he knows about the little boy and he wants to help just as much as I do, the weather just worries him.

Just make sure you take it slow and be cautious. The loss of a rattie life would be horrible, but not as bad as losing you! You are a great, great person for doing this!! *hugs to you and your hubby*

He put on Global news Toronto, and the first thing we heard was "if you don't need to go out tonight, don't".

:tearful:
I feel horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Aw, meghan... I'm sure you're heartsick, but there's nothing you can do :cry: Hopefully the little guy will hold on and the snow won't. In the meantime I'm sure we are all gonna increase our prayers and hopes and hope they can give Goliath strength.

Do not feel badly Meghan, the weather is really something we cannot control.

I havent heard from the owner yet either. I am waiting to see when she emails me.

Cityratt? Are you saying you are willing to drive tonight if Brittni says its okay? Are you sure?

I just found this post. Poor baby Goliath. I am sending him healing vibes heavily laced with virtual banana mash and Lasix and Baytril & Pred.

I can't even bear to look at the video.

Wishing you all the best in seeing an end to the storm, in arranging transport, and in getting Goliath to Dr. Munn in time.

Shelagh, has she tried any home remedies? Better than nothing at this point. (I'm thinking vapourizer and dark chocolate, even if they have some liquid cold medicine that they could give him - or at the very least some children's advil or motrin.)

If no one is available sooner my daughter could go and get him tomorrow.

MumsyRat said:
Shelagh, has she tried any home remedies? Better than nothing at this point. (I'm thinking vapourizer and dark chocolate, even if they have some liquid cold medicine that they could give him - or at the very least some children's advil or motrin.)

If no one is available sooner my daughter could go and get him tomorrow.

I would tell her this if she would email me, but nothing yet :(

Shelagh I just got your pm/saw your post! I buggered off from the computer because I assumed that you guys and meghan had everything covered (please dont think im associating any blame there meghan - i understand wanting to be safe and responsible in this weather)

I cant beleive that she hasn't gotten in touch with you yet! *sigh* this is so frusterating, I cant imagine how you guys must feel at this point - but I sure feel helpless.

:pale:

:sad3: *hugs*
all i can do is think about the poor little soul ... i really wish i didnt watch that video, poor guy huddled under that laundry hamper/garbage can whatever.

I can only hope its like that the muppet family christmas where miss piggy gets lost in the snowstorm but they find her, get her into the farm house and everyone is safe and happy.

*sigh*

I hate to say it but considering how long the little guy has been suffering it would take a miracle to save him. I think the best path for him is to have him put mercifully to sleep. If Jessy goes to pick him up that's what I would tell her to do.

I've pm'd the girl on GooseMooose. Hopefully one of us would hear from her soon.

Back