The Dustman has a Lump - ZGT... RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor sweet fellow. Have you tried colloidal silver drops on the tumor? It won't work miracles, but often has excellent healing effects that might help dry it up a bit more. It looks so painful, poor guy. My heart goes out to him, and to you. I hope, too, that you can control this and have much more time with him. I suppose you could also try tramadol, if the metacam isn't eventually strong enough. Sending healing thoughts to both of you.

Joanne said:
Ug...
Does Metacam increase the risk of bleeding, especially when it's prone to bleeding in the first place?

Its prone to bleeding when he scratches at it, and I think there's some itchiness and discomfort now...so metacam to control that.

Reminds me of my Luma's melanoma. It got very itchy and I'd find her covered in blood sometimes. Gladly it was removable. Ugh, I don't look forward to experiencing this... Hope he has much more time and is comfortable with the Metacam.

That is insane looking. It seems like they go faster once people realize what it is but he isnt even effected by it yet... well much.

he is. I have still had no signs he's uncomfortable and I try to ignore the occasional blood since its dry and hard most of the time, so I haven't started metacam but have a new bottle here waiting.

But it is growing...blech.

Just caught up with following this. Poor guy :( I've never dealt with ZGT myself and watching this, I hope I never have to. You're both troopers for going through all this together.

2 months later, Dusty is still with us. He's now on daily metacam, and with that help he's doing okay. Its bigger but still not affecting his teeth alignment. It does bleed, because of how a rat grooms. But he still lies in my lap for strokes and bruxxes for me, so its not quite time yet :)

Back