The Dustman has a Lump - ZGT... RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy for this update, I was wondering about him just last week. VERY happy he's still with you. I remember how awful that thing was with Charlie, but it didn't seem to bother him until it started to split his skull in two... :sad3:

Way to go Dusty, keep slowing down that darn tumor!!!

I was so happy to see this update! How great that he has had so much time with you since that started! Fabulous!!! I hope he gets many more scratches before it's time. :heart:

The tumour is growing very fast, and even though he's content, I think I will take him in Friday morning and have him let go. Six months from when I noticed the lump is a wonderful long time and he's 27 months old now.

For the sensitive souls I'll put the closeups under a spoiler

[spoil:3cc823b9]

[/spoil:3cc823b9]

My big beautiful boy :(

:sad3:

He looks so happy still.... Charlie was way far off when I finally let him go. :( The tumour seems to be growing outwards only, which is a good thing, as it had started growing inward for Charlie and his skull was getting difformed... Poor Dusty...

Aww poor baby, I hope it stops growing so fast and he stays comfortable for as long as possible. He looks like he's smiling such a brave boy. :hugs:

I'm glad he's still feeling OK. Better to say goodbye a little soon, than a little too late. How amazing is it to get 6 more months with him when we all thought days or weeks? Hugs to the Dustman! :hugs:

Oh no... poor little baby. He still looks so happy and sweet, even through the whole battle he went through. What a fighter.

Dusty got a reprieve for today, his appointment got cancelled. We have been trying to sort out what to do with Bean, since the abs did absolutely nothing with his URI, and they said to bring him in today which means Bean and Freddy. Joey HAS to go in for his teeth trim, so Dusty got cancelled, because I cannot bring in 4 rats (3 carriers) on the bus/subway/bus...its more having the different carriers that makes it so awkward and then there's the hated Rush Hour... *shudder*

So wish the others luck instead LOL

It's so hard to figure out when to take him in...he's getting better about taking metacam, bruxxes in my lap, cuddles down, eyes unstressed, eats, drinks, not too active but he's also almost 28 months old. Still loves Out time, and seems a lot less fearful then before. I hate this teeter totter...should I, shouldn't I?

Back