Surprise! Mixed Intact Sexes are Just Not a Good Idea 11/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awww, sweet babies... Do you have any idea of who the babies' daddy is? Or can there be more than one? :S
At least we know that the momma has had good perinatal care! :)

i know you would never mean for this to happen so congrats on the little ones! Alana looks adorable with all her babies

I sort of keep seeing back markings on the black hoodeds - then not. Not sure if it's just organs I'm seeing through their sheer skin.

Love to the babies and Momma and Momma's Mama!

we'll know more in day or 2, they are maybe 30 plus hours old?

Daddy could be black self Thomas, and/or dilute beige hooded with light ruby eye Zeus...these are my Happy Boys :D

Holy Sweet Eepers!!! OMG!!! They are sooo frickin cute it's hard to tear one's eyes away!! :thud: :thud:

:flowers4U: for Alana, she's looking so svelt post births! :giggle: :love1: for those adorable babies!! :congrats2: And for the little Momma's Momma!

All 12 made it through the night and are colouring up nicely. :mrgreen:

sep28bubs2.jpg

sep28bubs3.jpg

a berk, a hoodie, and my lightest of the light-eyed's

sep28bubs.jpg

You can see the ears starting to come off the head a bit off of this boy
sep28bub.jpg

Aw Shelagh they are so beautiful!

It is a good reminder that accidents do happen, and even the most diligent of owners can have this happen. It's true if it can happen to Shelagh, it can happen to anyone. BUT the main thing is that they will be well taken care of. Accidents happen, and when they do it's how you handle it afterwards. That is also just as key!

lilspaz68 said:
Bundyrats said:
How is the little one with the bruised belly?

I will be taking a look at her/him this morning, its only 6:52 am and dark here still. Pics later and hopefully successful sexing :D

Can not wait for new pics....all these babies are making me want more ratties!!!!!

Well I am pretty confident that we have 7 boys, and 5 girls.

The girls lined up well
sep293dayoldgirls.jpg

for a few moments :p
sep293dayoldgirlsgetrowdy.jpg

the boys never lined up at all...typical boys :roll:
sep293dayoldboys2.jpg

sep29boys.jpg

You can see with the boys we have some of them lighter than the obvious blacks...here's 2 comparison pics. Are they just going to be bad blacks or agouti or ?
sep29boyscolourcomparison.jpg

sep293dayoldboys3.jpg

A few cute pics
sep293dayoldboysZzzz.jpg

sep29hoodieboy.jpg

sep293dayoldboys.jpg

and 3 day old sexing pics so you can see what I saw :D

Girl
sep293dayoldgirl.jpg

sep293dayoldgirl2.jpg

Boy - see the little place where the scrotum will develop?
sep293dayoldboy1.jpg

You can especially see it when he bends up...it looks almost puffy
sep293dayoldboy2.jpg

Back