Surprise! Mixed Intact Sexes are Just Not a Good Idea 11/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning pics, Alana has had a run, her cage cleaned and the babies were held and had their pics taken. :giggle:

Girls
sep30girls.jpg

Boys (see the 2 different shades in the berks?)
sep30boys.jpg

baby sprawl
sep30babies.jpg

Some babies in my hand...little fellow in the middle looks comfy :D
sep30babiesinmyhand2.jpg

ALL 12 babies in my hand LOL
sep30babiesinmyhand.jpg

The whole baby family, do you see the sleepy baby in the middle?
sep30babies2.jpg

Alana after her run has some peas...yummmm
sep30Alana.jpg

I wonder what the boys that look like slightly lighter berks are going to end up being.. oh, the suspense!

Mmm, I think I see agouti in some of them. The light ones, I think they might be beige, I see a slight tint.
I'm officially no longer allowed to look in this thread. lol

jorats said:
Mmm, I think I see agouti in some of them. The light ones, I think they might be beige, I see a slight tint.
I'm officially no longer allowed to look in this thread. lol

HAHA, that's what I thought Jo myself so went back to look at any 4 day old babies that had black and agouti in them. They are much lighter.

Bronlings (the 2 on the end were agouti boys)
Bronlingboys4daysold.jpg

Molly's crew (the black mismarked hoodie was Chu, the agouti on the left was Sawyer and the agouti on the right was Scout)
Babiesmarkingsonday4mar29.jpg

Oh geez, I really really really wish I could foster pregger ratties for my rescue! Your babes are so precious!!! :thud:

But yeah, the hubby would NOT be down for that, and there is a very high possibility that I'd just end up adopting them all.

So now I get to live vicariously through you. Thanks for keeping us all updated with pics!

Today I am sure we have beige hoods on our light-eyed lasses.

oct1family.jpg

oct1babies.jpg

Sleepy heads

oct1babysleepyheads.jpg

This fellow is going to be very striking with how much white he has on him
oct1blackberkwithlotsofwhite.jpg

Body surfing, a typical eeper pastime, with the tail up for balance :giggle:
oct1babybodysurfing.jpg

And then the real work happens. I dangle the babies until they relax and just hang...some are much faster than others, and the flashy black berk boy never stopped wriggling. After that I stroke them all over, gently touching their ears and paws, and pulling their tail getting them used to handling. After each baby is "done" I hand them back to Alana as she waits at the door for me to give them back. She's such a dedicated mom she only goes running for a short while before she's back in her cage waiting for me to give back her babies.

oct1Alanawaitingforherbabies.jpg

oct1Alanagrabbingherbaby3.jpg

oct1Alanagrabbingherbaby4.jpg

oct1Alanagrabbingherbaby6.jpg

oct1Alanagrabbingherbaby1.jpg

oct1Alanagrabbingherbaby5.jpg

oct1Alanagrabbingherbaby2.jpg

No more?
oct1Alanaanymore.jpg

Back