Snow Thread

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a little snow storm last night. They said we were only supposed to get 5cm pffftt I had to drive home from work this morning at 8am in that crap took me 20 min to get home when it usually takes like 7 minutes. The roads were sooo bad! There was a huge tree covering half the road that I had to go on and the traffic lights were out in some parts.
Fun times in the Maritimes.

*cries*

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

I had no idea until I heard a very loud "F*CK!" and went to see Alexis and Alyssa both practically in tears staring out the windows.

Well we have had very little snow fall thus far. Maybe two times, but it doesn't stick for very long. Its currently snowing right now, but I would be surprized if it stuck. We normally don't have too much snow until January, or at least thats how its been the last few years...

I like snow at first, I would really like a white Christmas because the snow always seems to have melted by then. But when it lasts until MAY FORGET IT! By then its dirty and nasty and ugly and I am stick of it!!!!!

We got SO MUCH SNOW. Everything is closed!!! SNOW DAY! MWAHAHA!

So now we're all sitting downstairs, early in the morning, going "So... what do we do..." haha!

We're supposed to get a snow storm tomorrow... not looking forward to it!

Cait said:
We got SO MUCH SNOW. Everything is closed!!! SNOW DAY! MWAHAHA!

So now we're all sitting downstairs, early in the morning, going "So... what do we do..." haha!

Everything is closed? How much snow did you get? Nothing closes here ever. :(

Both works called and were like "Yeah... Don't come in..." So I am fine with that. Around 10 I'm going to venture out and see if the grocery store is closed. I have no idea how much snow we got, but all the schools are closed and everything, clear up to Des Moines and as as far out as Moravia. Must be a lot! Plus the fact that it's still snowing probably doesn't help.

I'm going to get some more pictures.

I just saw Cait's snow pictures... they shut down everything for that? That's called a good snow here in Bruce County. Wouldn't even shut down the highway!

They never close schools ever, ever in Ontario, not even with a major storm. We had major storms throughout the winter in 2008 and the school were always kept open. They just cancelled the buses making us a big day care for children of parents having to work. One of the storms was over 50 cm of snow and the schools were kept open. The only door that we could have access to that day was the main entrance door beside the office. There was 5 feet of snow accumulated on all other doors of the schools. That would have been extremely dangerous if we had to evacuate the school for some reason. But schools must be kept open at all cost in Ontario even if it means risking the lives of teachers who have to be there to welcome 4 children in the classrooms. That just sucks.

OMG Cait! Lucky you they shut down everything for that. I would still have to trudge up to school with that kind of snow fall :giggle: .

We still barely have any snow here, you can still see the grass!!!!!

We rarely have winter storms that close things.
Maybe twice a year
Every other snow storm is just like "Yeah, we've driven through this, whatever, be careful, make sure you got snow tires....or a skidoo"

Hahhaa, and yes Jo, she was a tad bit cold:p
She said that she couldn't feel her right side where the snow was blowing back at her :p

And I just got a call from the daycare center... FIVE kids today, total. FIVE. To give you an idea, there are usually 18 in the 3 year old preschool alone, and we still have Infants, Mobile Infants, Toddlers, 4 year old preschool, and the after school care kids.

So tomorrow no one is supposed to come in. They are expecting the same five kids, and if that's the case, they are closing completely and sending the kids home.

I think more the issue is that they can't clear the roads... It's a rural community and a lot of people are coming in from the country for work and such. Even the roads in town are pretty bad. It's steadily falling, and it's thick snow fall, so it's only getting worse. I'm positive that's more the reason everything is shutting down.

we've got snow every night since the 1st of Dec. just a dusting or a cpl of cm's, but starting tonight, 10-15cm's but morning. Then it will snow all day tomrrow, leaving the toalt accumulation of 30+cm's~

:doh:

Back