Snow thread 2010

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's starting to snow here! I'm very surprised. It normally doesn't start this early.
I don't think it's really laying though. Kind of just going everywhere.

I drove through rain tonight.
RAIN
its december.
In colorado.
RAIN

>.<

Fish is displeased. If its going to be cold, it may as well snow. I'm sick of it being like 30f, and dry.

handmeafish said:
I drove through rain tonight.
RAIN
its december.
In colorado.
RAIN

>.<

Fish is displeased. If its going to be cold, it may as well snow. I'm sick of it being like 30f, and dry.

I will send our snow your way and the cold. 18F right now going to be single digits by morning. :shock:

Wow! You got more then we did.

Manhattan, just got a light dusting (which I am perfectly okay with... it may snow more when I am safely in Texas).

I love pictures of puppies in snow... they are always so cute!

Love the snow pics and pups eagle!

We are in a winter snow storm right now... getting up 40 cm with winds gusting up to 70km/h.
I wonder if this will be the first day Gypsy doesn't get a walk.
Will be taking pics. :)

I don't think that Hamilton and I are going to get along weather-wise...

Where is the snow? It is RAINING here!

Everywhere else I have been in southern Ontario (ie: home-home in Kitchener, and 2nd home in Guelph) as snow... but none in Hamilton...

I just have to be patient I guess...

But I'm so looking forward to watching a snow storm from the 25th floor!!!

We're in the middle of a winter storm. I'm hoping the highways don't close as I need to get to my new job in the morning.

It is NASTY out there. But I got all bundled up cause Gypsy was going stir crazy and eyeing my tree with that look.

So out we went, we didn't get far before we had to turn back. I could barely walk with the strong winds and all those snow drifts made it very difficult to walk. Gypsy loved it though. :roll: The bigger the drifts, the funner it was. :puppyluv:

So we came back home and let her run in the yard.

PICS!

Starting the walk.
SS01.jpg

Gypsy more than ready.
SS02.jpg

Loving the drifts.
SS03.jpg

Turning white. lol
SS04_edited-1.jpg

Back home, running in the yard.
SS05.jpg

SS06.jpg

Time to go in when your face icicles over. lol
SS07_edited-1.jpg

Gypsy is really beautiful! My dog was the same way. Even on the coldest days, she'd be outside lounging on snowbanks or tearing through drifts, and all I wanted to do was get back inside out of the cold!

We're getting a lot of rain right now that's causing my kitchen cupboards to leak. The leak was a known issue that the landlord should've taken care of earlier, but he expected that the cold weather was here to stay and that I wouldn't have any more water issues, for a while anyway. Of course, he left me thinking he'd fixed the roof already... I'm really ready for some snow and end to this rain!! :nod:

KMG365 said:
We're getting a lot of rain right now that's causing my kitchen cupboards to leak. The leak was a known issue that the landlord should've taken care of earlier, but he expected that the cold weather was here to stay and that I wouldn't have any more water issues, for a while anyway. Of course, he left me thinking he'd fixed the roof already... I'm really ready for some snow and end to this rain!! :nod:

But what happens in the spring when all the snow on the roof thaws? I imagine that could leave quite the mess.

Supposedly, a professional roofer is coming this week to repair the roof. The landlord caused the leak a couple weeks ago when he was on the roof trying to fix a leak in the apartment upstairs. When I notified him about the leak here, he promised to come back the next day and patch the roof himself. Until today, I thought he'd fixed the roof. I guess I should've known better - this is the 6th water leak in my apartment since the middle of August.

Wow... that is very irritating. I hate when landlords lie. I'm surprised he would think it would be ok to leave it until, what would seem like, spring time...

I woke up this morning to... SNOW! It FINALLY snowed in Hamilton!!! Now it is cold and snowy... much better then just cold :p I think I will take some snow up to my unit today and show it to my kitties... They should be extremely happy that I found them and brought them into my warm home. No cold paws for them!

I just got home from being snowed in in at my new job. Needless to say I'm glad to be home but hoping I can get to work tomorrow as we're expecting another 15 cm tonight!

We finally had a real snowfall in Ottawa with traffic jams and everything. I left my house yesterday at 7:15 am but arrived at work at 8:26, school starting at 8:30 pm. I had duty in the yard at 8:15 but I guessed I missed it. I had to call the school and let them know that I was in a huge parking lot and was hoping to be at work before the end of the day.

:dance: :dance:

School buses arrived up to an hour late and the kindergarten buses to bring the children back home were half an hour late so we took the children outside and they had fun playing in the snow. That gave me a shorter lunch but I still had time to eat no problem.

I took Sawyer outside in the evening but as soon as I put him in all that snow, he turned into a statue. He was almost completely burried in the snow. Didn't like it at all. I guess that was too much snow for a chihuahua. However, we walked where the snow has been cleaned and he was fine there.

Back