Snow thread 2010

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Sparrow

I'm surprised that Jorats didn't start that as she is usually the first one to win the lottery. We have our first snow fall of the season in Ottawa. It started late last night and we had the white carpet already at midnight. Today Sawyer is going to learn something new... Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to listen to Christmas music.

We are tied! Ours started last night too. Well, we had a sprinkling last week but not enough to mention.
Gypsy was trying to lick all the snow from our step this morning. lol

Yeeeah, I slept through the snowing and a few hours after I woke up I was quite surprised. It feels like it took forever for it to get here though!

We've had snow up here in Fairbanks for a few weeks. Got a couple more inches the other night from a storm off the bering sea.

Pink

ugh...my parents had snow for Hallowe'en but nothing heavy (they live closer to Ottawa - which I know got snow already).
Still none here! :D I'm hoping it's the same as last year for us too Jo...We had a little dusting around Christmas (when we visited before moving up here) but gone within the same day, then nothing till bout mid-January. It dumped hard for a couple weeks then, and of course it was the week we moved up too lmao 8hr drive on the 401/402 in the biggest u-haul truck in the snow NOT fun lmao

Well, was gunna just say we saw our first few flakes yesterday...but woke up this morning to an inch or so on the ground! ugh...luckily it was nice and sunny so it's all gone again....but still....blah

good heavens, snow so soon!?!?! well I guess I won't be moving north anytime soon!! :giggle:

we can get snow as early as October (sooner in the mountains but we don't count that lol) but usually get an average of 4 inches in November and that's usually at the end of the month
we rarely have a white Thanksgiving (USA kind) and only have a white Christmas about, oh, a bit more than half the time, I think- I'll have to check the stats on that

I don't mind snow so much but the damn ice!! hate the ice, hate it hate it hate it

The Maritimes got their first snow yesterday and it sticked. It looks like a winter wonderland out there today and it's flippin cold! Romero I don't think is pleased lol

It started snowing here in Bridgewater Nova Scotia last night around 10:30......I hooked up the dogs and we went for a walk.....we walked until midnight....that is when it stopped. It was wonderful.....there is a little still down this morning....and it is very cold.

I can't believe we have no snow here yet. For once I'm ready for it... I'm actually wanting it for Gypsy. I can't wait to take pics of a dog with a nose full of snow. lol
They are forecasting +12 for Monday here... is that a typo? lol

Oh Jo, do make sure you're ready with a camera/camcorder for the first big dumping. I love watching dogs' reactions to their first big snowfall!

Back