Snow thread 2010

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woops, forgot about this thread.
We had our first snow on Friday! Not too much, just 4 inches depending on what part of town you're in.
Expected to get more..

We've got another freezing rain warning today --- the second in less than a week. Please - give me snow! I'll take a foot of snow over freezing rain!!! :roll:

KMG365 said:
We've got another freezing rain warning today --- the second in less than a week. Please - give me snow! I'll take a foot of snow over freezing rain!!! :roll:

Same here... we had a bad one on Monday, school buses were pulled off the road.
Still no snow here.

Woke up this morning to lots of snow. Gypsy was a bit confused. lol

Here she is at the door:

FirstSnow01_edited-1.jpg

Eating it.

FirstSnow02_edited-1.jpg

Running crazy.

FirstSnow03_edited-1.jpg

Snow nose.

FirstSnow04small.jpg

Ready to go in.

FirstSnow05_edited-1.jpg

We got a bit of snow last night... We were supposed to get like 1-2 inches, but we just got a light dusting.

My parents got hit pretty hard tho, about 4 inches over night...

But, because colorado is awesome, it will all be gone by tuesday night.

I can't imagine having snow this early, and definitely not as early as Oct. Jeez!

Hear on the East Coast, was generally get snow in Jan - March, if that. Sometimes we just get a light dusting, and other times we get like 20 feet. lol. A couple years ago, we were excited just to get a light dusting. It was pathetic..

Apparently, we're supposed to get hit with a bunch of snow this year.

Haha, poor Gypsy, Jo. I remember when my Collie/Aussie mix first saw snow... She spent a long time just eating it! To this day she falls for it when we make a snowball and toss it, she has to catch it and eat it, haha.

Jack Sparrow said:
60 is terribly hot. Make sure to drink a lot of water and to go where there is air conditionned.

60 isn't hot... :? In fact, I'd say that's a bit chilly, maybe light jacket weather.

xxchelle said:
Jack Sparrow said:
60 is terribly hot. Make sure to drink a lot of water and to go where there is air conditionned.

60 isn't hot... :? In fact, I'd say that's a bit chilly, maybe light jacket weather.

We get 35 in a very hot summer day here in Ottawa. We reached 40 a few times but it's rare. We never had 60. That must be in the desert.

Jack Sparrow said:
xxchelle said:
[quote="Jack Sparrow":trxvhve4]60 is terribly hot. Make sure to drink a lot of water and to go where there is air conditionned.

We get 35 in a very hot summer day here in Ottawa. We reached 40 a few times but it's rare. We never had 60. That must be in the desert.[/quote:trxvhve4]

Ok I honestly can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not, LOL. If you're not, 60 Fahrenheit is coolish.

Moon said:
Jack Sparrow said:
xxchelle said:
[quote="Jack Sparrow":1kknsz6p]60 is terribly hot. Make sure to drink a lot of water and to go where there is air conditionned.

We get 35 in a very hot summer day here in Ottawa. We reached 40 a few times but it's rare. We never had 60. That must be in the desert.

Ok I honestly can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not, LOL. If you're not, 60 Fahrenheit is coolish.[/quote:1kknsz6p]

:emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: :emb: I was thinking about celcius.

The highest recorded temperature on Earth EVER was around 58 degrees Celsius, so I didn't think you were thinking she meant 60 Celsius.

Loads of people here are snowed in, we're one of the few places with barely any snow. Freezing though and no heating/hot water.

Winter has been crazy here. A week ago it was 1 C and raining. Since we've already had snow and freezing for a month and a half everything turned into a solid sheet of ice and I got trapped in my house for three days (live on a hill, couldn't drive up or down). Now its -35 C and has been for a few days. Who know what it will be tomorrow! We still have a lot of snow, even after that horrible ice storm.

Back