Ratties going into the vet

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just returned from the vets.
The vet said it was a reaction to the sutures, drained abcesses and found some pus. Poor boys are very glad to be home.

sitz bath ? = water + ?

Esther had her stitches removed. She squealed and squeeked .... guess she was practicing as they came out very easily. So now all the girls are off meds and are healed up. :)

Beni-thisagain.jpg

I don't put anything in the water at all. since they may drink it or get it in their eyes.

I usually put them in and they will try to get out. I just put my hand spread out over them keeping them in the sink...and they often settle down and even will rest their paws on my hand. I find it much easier than compressing by far.

This is Beni the Wildling.

SQ said:

The poor little faces... GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I would have waltzed in to the vet's office, without an appointment, too!

Especially when you are having such issues with your babies!

Were the neuters scrotal neuters or did the vet go through the abdomen?

jennifervb said:
Were the neuters scrotal neuters or did the vet go through the abdomen?

They were scrotal neuters.

If they do not heal up with the baytril, I will try mamarat2 's suggestion and see if sugar will help them heal.

Thank you all for the help and support.
Kind of overwhelming when it is 8 ratties at the same time.

Now to finish medicating and see how ratties feel about sitting in water.

Hey SQ if the area is open and you are soaking them in water at this point, after you take them out of their sitz baths, dump a nice little spooful of sugar in the open wounds, at this point with the abscesses opened up sugar should do lots of help. And the warm water will just add to the helpfulness of it overall.

Back