Ratties going into the vet

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Two boys and two girls are going in for spays and neuters this am.
same vet that did Grace.
He uses glue, hope that is ok ... She was done in Jan. and I can still feel the incision scar.
Took Grace in to expensive exotic vet a few weeks ago to make sure the vet had done a good job and that she was healing well ... vet said she was fine ...

Much more nervous about this then when they went in to my vet in NB.
This vet is supposed to be experienced ....

Anyway, say a prayer for the ratties ...

Good luck wee ones!!

glue should be just fine, all my neuters and almost all of my spays used glues, healed uneventfully and much faster than staples. :)

A new vet is nervewracking!

Hugs to you too!!

Will be keeping all of them in my prayers today. That's a lot... how nerve wracking!! Glue is perfectly fine, in fact I would say it's better than anything else.

Thanks, I'm a wreak ...

Two spays and two neuters tomorrow, on Friday and again next Thursday ... There goes my student loan :wink: ... well a chunk of it anyway ... this vet is less expensive than my regular vet in NB.
Haven't been doing very well at finding good homes for rescues so ... time to get them done because it looks like they are staying.

Breathe, do mindless things today that might occupy your mind but aren't vital to anything really if you don't do them well. :roll:

We are all waiting along with you.

Thanks so much for your comments and support.

Just phoned the vet and all 4 are doing well :D
So I will be heading off soon to pick them up.

SQ said:
Thanks so much for your comments and support.

Just phoned the vet and all 4 are doing well :D
So I will be heading off soon to pick them up.

Lots of kisses, cuddles and scritches to the little brigade...

and top those off with some yogurt please... :D

It's never easy to take them in for surgery. Kisses and banana mash to them all. Hope the two boys don't miss their goolies too much; they were so rambunctious before.

Thanks ...
The boys are still pretty rambunctious ... put them on the couch so I could change the blanket in their container, add a hot water bottle, etc. and they both started bouncing across the floor. Managed to capture one boy but the other disappeared and was awol for several hours.

The girls are tired and not feeling so great.
Edit: Elizabeth is in some pain (pinched in sides) but has been active and eating a bit.
Everyone is now having a nap.

Well, today Burrell, Samuel (Sammy), Lymanette and Robyn went in for spays and neuters ...
Not as nervous as yesterday since the yesterdays 4 are doing ok but ...
I will feel so much better once I hear how they are doing.

SQ said:
Well, today Burrell, Samuel (Sammy), Lymanette and Robyn went in for spays and neuters ...
Not as nervous as yesterday since the yesterdays 4 are doing ok but ...
I will feel so much better once I hear how they are doing.

4 more? Your poor heart. Have you taken a deep breath yet?

good luck to the sweet kiddos!

Back