**Rat Fest** Who's Coming & Bringing What?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, ya. must put camera in purse.

if my mom comes, please be warned she *may* say something stupid about rats or rat care as if she knows what she's talking about. (she likes to talk, lol) have no fear, as i provide the care :wink2:
i feel a bit mean putting this, but i don't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

LOL, but probably a good warning to give, DnB. Don't feel mean, you don't want your mom getting a faceful of angry rat owners if she says something silly, right?

Moon had a concern this morning about all the people who will be dropping off/leaving rats here. That I will be here more than at the Fest. :cheeky: She thinks we should limit visits to 15-20 minutes each...does this sound fair?

LOL, and a valid concern it is! You do LOVE to show off your rats, and with babies around, it will be all the more difficult to make people leave. I think you should stick to a firm 15 minutes, haha.

I was going to bring extra drinks but my van is so full of BBQs I don't know if I can. I will still try to bring some, even if it is just for myself to offset the copious amount of liquids I drink, so no one else goes without :p

With No Frills and a Dominion near by don't worry about liquid refreshment! I'm going to buy a lot of everything and the cost is covered by the $10 so I don't want anyone spending extra on that!

It has occurred to me though that my 2 coolers may not be enough to hold all the refreshments. If anyone can bring a nice big cooler (empty) along we can fill it with beverages and ice when you get there.

I have a huge, brand new cooler that I am bringing. It practically fills my entire Golf trunk. I will have ice, the burgers and one flat of water in it. There will be plenty of room to add more.

What I'm bringing:

24 5 oz. Ledbetter Burgers
12 Juici Jumbo Hot Dogs
12 Knackwurst/Sausages
1 package Kraft Cheese Slices
10 Jumbo Veggie Dogs (Vegan)
1 package Veggie Cheese Flavoured Slices (Vegan)
1 Jar of Nayonaise (Vegan)
24 Burger Buns (incl. 8 thin/low carb)
24 Hot Dog Buns (incl. 8 thin/low carb)
& I will buy enough pop, juice & water to float a yacht!
(And will buy more buns too, if we need them.)

My own contribution to the "pot luck" will be a vegan banana bread. If it turns out - I still haven't perfected baking without eggs. If it comes out yucky you guys will have to settle for salad. :wink2:

Note to Vanessa: Yay for big coolers!!

Attempted baking tonight... uhm... didn't quite turn out as planned. I think I've invented mini-cupcakes by accident! I'll taste-test later.. even though small, they should still taste fine, :lol:

lilspaz68 said:
Maple said:
Gee, all I have is cookies.....what else is needed that I can pick up tomorrow morning???
I was thinking of salads myself...its going to be hot. :/
Salads as in lettuce, tomato & cucumber? or salads as in potato, macaroni and slaw?

Maple said:
lilspaz68 said:
Maple said:
Gee, all I have is cookies.....what else is needed that I can pick up tomorrow morning???
I was thinking of salads myself...its going to be hot. :/
Salads as in lettuce, tomato & cucumber? or salads as in potato, macaroni and slaw?

There's going to be a lot of people there (30?) so no matter what you bring I'm sure there will be takers. I say bring what ever you like and what's easy to make.

There's going to be a lot of people there (30?) so no matter what you bring I'm sure there will be takers. I say bring what ever you like and what's easy to make.
No time left to make so I'm buying :laugh4: I'll look in my nice Italian store tomorrow morning :D

I have my cakes ready to go! Made them tonight at my parents (the air conditioning was out, and with the oven it was damn hot! But still, they turned out perfectly).

Tim can't come (think I told Shelagh this at some point), but I WILL be there, I promise!

I'm bringing my Canon Digital Rebel DSLR, with two fully charged-up batteries and an empty 2Gig camera card (so about 500 photos!).

How are we going to arrange when we go to visit you, Shelagh? :)

Oh, and I should be there by 12 noon. :D

Back